[KSP >= 1.3.1] Distant Object Enhancement (DOE) /L - Under new Management - 2.2.0.2 - 2024-0803

Lisias

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

Yes, it did. I forgot to mention, in the future quit KSP first before copying the file, because there's a thingy called "write buffer" that delays the writing in an attempt to be more efficient, and so if you copy the file with KSP alive writting on it it ends up being truncated.

Fortunately, this time it was truncated after the breaking point, so I could find the problem!

[LOG 22:08:36.177] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[ERR 22:08:36.280] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 22:08:36.280] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 22:08:36.284] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'B9_Aerospace_WingStuff': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

The Assembly B9_Aerospace_WingStuff is borking on a ReflectionTypeLoadException (a thingy that when happens breaks something inside KSP that by itself screws up everybody that needs to use another thingy called Reflection, which DOE needs to use to support Kopernicus). And this is happening because something called KSPUtil is not being able to be loaded.

Problem... KSPUtil is part of KSP!! It must be present, otherwise KSP is badly installed!

On Steam, there's an option called "Verify integrity of game files".

2c000cc2a990cf143145d2f697a315692f171538

(Source)

Use it. I think your KSP got corrupted somehow. Do you use a SDD or NVM2? Did your computer crashed or rebooted abruptly recently?

Edited by Lisias
Entertaining grammars made slightely less entertaining...

I'm pretty sure my power went out recently when I was installing mods on ckan, could that be it?

14 hours ago, Lisias said:

Yes, it did. I forgot to mention, in the future quit KSP first before copying the file, because there's a thingy called "write buffer" that delays the writing in an attempt to be more efficient, and so if you copy the file with KSP alive writting on it it ends up being truncated.

Fortunately, this time it was truncated after the breaking point, so I could find the problem!

[LOG 22:08:36.177] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[ERR 22:08:36.284] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'B9_Aerospace_WingStuff': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x000e6] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0

Additional information about this exception:

The Assembly B9_Aerospace_WingStuff is borking on a ReflectionTypeLoadException (a thingy that when happens breaks something inside KSP that by itself screws up everybody that needs to use another thingy called Reflection, which DOE needs to use to support Kopernicus). And this is happening because something called KSPUtil is not being able to be loaded.

Problem... KSPUtil is part of KSP!! It must be present, otherwise KSP is badly installed!

On Steam, there's an option called "Verify integrity of game files".

2c000cc2a990cf143145d2f697a315692f171538

(Source)

Use it. I think your KSP got corrupted somehow. Do you use a SDD or NVM2? Did your computer crashed or rebooted abruptly recently?

Im pretty sure my power went out when I was installing mods on ckan, could that have been it?

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, AMolecularMassofUranium235 said:

I'm pretty sure my power went out recently when I was installing mods on ckan, could that be it?

Im pretty sure my power went out when I was installing mods on ckan, could that have been it?

Yes. I strongly suggest you not only check the game (if you downloaded it from Steam), but also to tell CKAN to reinstall all files - chances are that more files got damaged in the incident - it's almost a statistical certainty.

There're two types of Mass Storage devices that are nastily susceptible to power outs:

• SDDs, NVMe or any other kind of flash media
  • HDDs with SMR.

These technologies erases a significant amount of data in order to write a tiny little bit of it - they read the whole macrocell (or group of tracks) into memory, change the bits that need to be changed and write them back. If you have a power outage in the process, you lose the whole macrocell (or track group), and not only what you was writing at that time.

It's usually a better idea to use a Journaled file system (like APFS on MacOS, or EXT4 and BTRFS on Linux - Linux really shines on file systems, there're a lot of different ones, each one of them shines on a specific niche...), but Windows users are out of options (and luck) at the present time.

Spoiler

And, yeah.. I defenestrated Windows from my life 10 years ago - I think more! :sticktongue:

Edited by Lisias
Kraken damned autocompletes...