Somebody help me

On XP you can rightclick the My Computer icon and select properties, one of the tabs in the resulting box will show your RAM.

Alternatively you can click Start, click Run and type in dxdiag, then press enter, this will give you the nifty Windows system diagnostic utility.

Well, that is not a lot, like you said XP has told you it didn't have enough RAM, and it wasn't lying.

You can try making a swap file (also called a page file on XP) by following these instructions, it'll be slow, and I can't guarantee it'll get KSP working at all, but it's worth a shot.

Also, shut down all non essential programs, even the antivirus, just don't go downloading anything with it off.

And don't run KSP from the Desktop, use C:\Games it'll help a little.

KSP 's recommended minimum is 2gigs of RAM, so I'd bump that up to a minimum of 1600mb.

But if you want my actual recommendation, it would be to upgrade your RAM or use a better computer, I am assuming it is not very powerful, has limited graphics support and an old processor, I'd have to see your dxdiag output to be sure though.

Ideally you'd have 2 gigabytes of RAM, which is considered low these days and most entry level PC's have more as standard, you'd also have an Nvidia or an ATI graphics card, it doesn't even have to be top of the range.

Just about any entry level PC you can buy these days will also have a multi core processor, KSP doesnt need it but it makes it easier to run several programs at once, and you'd be hard pressed to find a new PC that didn't have a 64bit operating system installed, basically you won't find a new PC with 448mb of RAM, the technology has moved on.

I hate to say it but your PC might just be too old.

Try the swap/page file thing though, it's worth a go at least.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.