(SOLVED)Parts disappearing when placed on my craft

parts just disappear when they are placed. Happens only on parts from making history.

video ---> https://imgur.com/a/61v6Wd9

Newest logs==>https://mega.nz/file/pxknUYBZ#p4qucUt6_-otxdyzRC3il1x5niQrChJWFw3i3RtEq0I

UPDATE: The "Cheetah" and "Skiff" engines both have this issue 

Edited by Awesomesauce1337
case closed

I'm on mobile,  so I can't quote the excerpt of the log where I found this, but there's a 'DidntReadTheInstructionsException' from Parallaz complaining that it doesn't works on that KSP version.

I suggest you to uninstall Parallax and see what happens.

2 hours ago, Awesomesauce1337 said:

I've uninstalled Parallax and the decoupler doesnt delete itself now but ive discovered the "Cheetah" engine disappears too.

(sigh)

Well… Publish the new KSP.log. In order to make it the most useful as possible, do what follows:

1) Fire up KSP

2) Open a savegane where the problem is happening

3) Reproduce the problem

4) Exit KSP

5) now copy the KSP.log and publish it.

With the whole process documented on KSP.log, we have more chances to detect something weird.

Now I have something to work with! :)

I found two probable contributors to your problem (more about below):

Textures Unlimited:

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'TexturesUnlimitedDebug' from assembly 'TexturesUnlimited'
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncher.RemoveModApplication (KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton button) [0x00029] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at KSPShaderTools.Addon.TexturesUnlimitedDebug.Awake () [0x000b9] in <d05d146f0f32458d9a30cf17e61f35a8>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

and System Heat

Uploading Crash Report
  at SystemHeat.SystemHeatEditor.FixedUpdate () [0x0001a] in <faa8f438e27f4148b7041ce82be5b9c9>:0
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <faa8f438e27f4148b7041ce82be5b9c9> Line: 0)

CorrectCoL_Persistent.Start
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

KK: [KerbalKonstructsSettings] Start: Career Module Start Called

at SystemHeat.SystemHeatEditor.FixedUpdate () [0x0001a] in <faa8f438e27f4148b7041ce82be5b9c9>:0

They are not the ones directly causing you problems, I found a third one and I will talk about below. But it happens that once something throws up :P an Exception, it breaks a chain of events because everything that was waiting to be executed after is not executed. This leaves a lot of things not correctly initialised, and then someone else trusting everything was correctly initialised borks and end up taking the blame!

So the best way to proceed now is to backup everything and remove TextureUnlimited and SystemHeat from your GameData to see if the problem goes away. If it does, well, you will need to file a bug report for these two Add'Ons in order to have them fixed - to tell you the true, you should do it nevertheless. 

If by removing them things are the same, then we can conclude that the Add'On I will mention now may be the problem:

Adding default item(s) into seat's 2 inventory of part [Part:mk1-3pod (id=C4292261514)]: KIS.evapropellant

LiquidEngineLV-T91 added to ship - part count: 2

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object.GetName(UnityEngine.Object)
  at UnityEngine.Object.get_name () [0x00001] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0
  at PreFlightTests.StationHubAttachments.TestCondition () [0x0003f] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at PreFlightTests.DesignConcernBase.Test () [0x00000] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EngineersReport+TestWrapper.RunTest () [0x00006] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at KSP.UI.Screens.EngineersReport+<RunTests>d__49.MoveNext () [0x000bb] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0

This exception is happened everytime you tried to add the LiquidEngineLV-T91 to the craft - and the part is vanishing because in the middle of the processing, this exception blowed up everything interrupting that chain of events I talked above, and some other code on KSP hits the "panic button" and get rid of the troubling part.

The KIS Inventory module may or may not be related to the problem - it could be only an innocent bystander that was caught by the mess, or it may had contributed somehow to the problem.

This Exception is weird because it's borking on UnityEngine.Object.GetName(UnityEngine.Object) what implies that the object the code is trying to get the name is no more - what suggests that the code believes it should exists, or perhaps the code should be dead by now (because its data is already dead) but someone forgot to kill it.

And this is where that Exceptions above may have playing a hole on it - by blowing up their chain of events, they may be preventing things to be created, or preventing things from being cleaned up. Both hypothesis satisfy the working theory I proposed on the last paragraph.

Well, so in a nutshel:

1) File a bug report on Texture Unlimited giving this KSP.log. Then remove Texture Unlimited from your rig

2) Do the same with System Heat.

3) Remember to have everything backed up

4) Try to reproduce the problem again.

5) If the problem vanished, well, it was one of the two thingies above. Wait them to be fixed before installing them back - this can be a problem with System Heat. :(

6) If the problem persists, then my best guess is KIS Inventory - reach KIS maintainer for help. But first get rid of Texture Unlimited and System Heat to make things easier for him.

Keep me in the loop one way or another! Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
tyop! Surprised?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.