What planets would you like to see?

yoyo478

I definitely want a Saturn analogue, I wouldn't even mind if it looked exactly like it.

But I would want it either a nice deep sea kind of blue colour with dark saturn like rings.

If not that, a nice red sort of Saturn would be good too.

After that, a frozen terra with a cold grayish or gray-blue atmosphere (perhaps with snowy weather when that gets implemented).

A carbon planet would seem right, since it would need to be in around the Kerbin orbit range, maybe in a future star's system?

I think Squad will probably stick to our solar system layout mostly for planets, which would be 3 more gas giants and maybe a binary dwarf planet system in resemblance of Pluto and Charon.

Really, I want a few more different planets to be implemented:

A Neptune-like planet (IT MUST BE BLUE), with moons.

A planet with rings and about 3 moons.

Asteroid belt (not really a planet and will be difficult to implement)

A comet; basically like Minmus but on an extremely eccentric orbit around Kerbol/Sun, with an apoapsis beyond what the furthest planet turns out to be and a periapsis within Eve's orbit.

I think a planet with an extremely thick atmosphere and a tiny icy/rocky core would also be very interesting, especially to land on i.e. core diameter 40km, atmospheric diameter 250km (105km thickness from surface). Maybe this could be the Neptune-like planet I mentioned, as the real-life version does have an apparent icy surface, although the atmosphere is nowhere near as thick as I suggested previously (go and look on Wikipedia to see what I mean).

There are a wide variety of possibilities, however I would rather like to see a Chthonian world myself, something akin to Corot-7b perhaps. These close in and extremely hot worlds appear to be common enough and it would be fascinating to deal with one, though landing would be, shall we say, cost prohibitive. I would also like to see Jovian worlds implemented that follow the Sudarsky Classification System - I guess that would be more aesthetic than functional but again having a Bespin-esque water-cloud gas giant would be a nice touch. Finally, I'd like to see an ice world like Hoth implemented, something with a density of say 2.5 gm/cm^3 with a substantial atmosphere and cold-weather complications. Remember, landing on an airless body with a surface temperature of 30 K would be one thing, landing on such a world with an atmosphere twice as dense as Earths' would be quite another. I'll be very curious to see how things proceed on this front.

I think a Hailey's comet and a big asteroid belt behind Duna would give a nice challenge to the game. Imagine going through a partially dense asteroid field on your way to Jool or seeing an asteroid crash into Duna.

So, I was reading some Wikipedia articles about planets (hey, there is new things about them quite often; and the last time I learned about the Solar System in school, Pluto was still the 9th and last planet :D ) and so I learned that Pluto have 4 more moons!

So I imagined, and would like to see in KSP, twin dwarves planets, like Pluto and Charon... With both having their own little moon :rolleyes: I'm not sure it's physically possible, but the idea sounds silly enough to me.

So, I was reading some Wikipedia articles about planets (hey, there is new things about them quite often; and the last time I learned about the Solar System in school, Pluto was still the 9th and last planet :D ) and so I learned that Pluto have 4 more moons!

So I imagined, and would like to see in KSP, twin dwarves planets, like Pluto and Charon... With both having their own little moon :rolleyes: I'm not sure it's physically possible, but the idea sounds silly enough to me.

Did you mean Pluto only has 4 moons, it was that amount the last time I checked?

Anyway, I think the devs are planning to do a similar sort of structure to our Solar System if I got my information right.

I want a Ceres analogue.

Large enough to have a sphere of influence, and yet small enough to be going slowly above it, with very little gravity. Kerbals who jump will end up like the football Wallace kicked in the first Wallace And Gromit film - they just never seem to come down.

A planet where even at the lowest possible level of orbit, the planet still spins faster than you travel around it.

Possibly even two rotations per your orbital completion.

Not sure how that would be enjoyable for anyone. You wouldn't be able to land on it. Your lander would get torn apart just like it does when you try to land on a normal planet and you have lots of horizontal motion. And even if it were possible to get to the surface, you wouldn't stay there. if the rotation speed on the surface was faster than the orbital speed at the same altitude, the planet would literally just throw you back off.

Not to mention the fact that any body with any significant mass in reality would just tear itself apart fairly quickly if it was spinning that fast.

This is more of a game feature..but

I'd like to see a blank map that shows no planets at all until they are discovered.

For instance, one way to populate planets on the map is to first spot them with a kerban based telescope. This would then lock in coordinates of a "generic type body" on your map with a very vague description.

Then, once a satellite/probe is sent to the newly discovered planet, your map would be updated with more detailed information such as planet name, mass, ect...

Another way to populate your map is by just sending out satellites/probes and stumbling upon one.