Mun Rover Repair/missing parts contract

I have a contract to add missing parts and find out what was wrong with a rover on the Mun. I have added a battery and solar panels giving it power, but when I move it it spins and does not go forward. It wont take a repair kit but on investigation found one of the wheels were spinning in the wrong direction. Is this a glitch or something that I can repair?

Now have all wheels turning correct way but Rover won't move :mad:

Edited by Stephen McQueen

Make sure all the wheels are turning the same way, you can reverse the motors on them. Seems like you already did this based on the edit.

Additionally, ensure the probe core on the craft is placed in a way that the control point is forward, as in the navball should be half blue and half orange.

I encountered a bug like this on Minmus. I beleive this happens because the rover is slightly clipped into the terrain, I worked around this problem by using the offset tool in EVA construction mode to raise all the wheels up a bit. This was fiddly and sometimes things exploded, so quicksave and give it a try. Sorry I am a bit late to respond, I hope you haven't given up yet.

I ran into one rover there the wheels was tilted outward, it looked like it should work but it did not move before I aligned the wheels.

Found an probe core and a couple of reaction wheels are essential as it let you flip the rover over so you can easy add wheels and then flip them back. 

15 hours ago, Benzo Kerman said:

I encountered a bug like this on Minmus. I beleive this happens because the rover is slightly clipped into the terrain, I worked around this problem by using the offset tool in EVA construction mode to raise all the wheels up a bit. This was fiddly and sometimes things exploded, so quicksave and give it a try. Sorry I am a bit late to respond, I hope you haven't given up yet.

Thank you for the work around unfortunately I was unable to make this work. I am going to decline contract and hopefully it or a similar may come up again. I have learnt alot about rovers and how to build them so not a complete lose.

Great forum I appreciate all your help.   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.