Finding crafts used, in order?

Is there a way to list all of the crafts that I have flown, in historical order? I ask because I recently completed a repair mission on a broken probe around Minmus. I did not name the craft anything special, however, so I am trying to find it for another repair mission. Is there some way to find the craft used?

3 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I don't think there is, but you could click on the launchpad, then see all the craft that pop up, which should have images.

The images are the same as in the VAB so, no help there. The craft in question would not have had any obvious visual differences from many of my others. The obvious answer is to rename a craft for it's specific purpose :o. I managed to find it after some digging and renamed it accordingly.

I wonder if  there is a way to use the persistent.sfs to find such information? It's such an...unwieldy...document but it does contain...everything.

1 hour ago, strider3 said:

Is there a way to list all of the crafts that I have flown, in historical order? I ask because I recently completed a repair mission on a broken probe around Minmus. I did not name the craft anything special, however, so I am trying to find it for another repair mission. Is there some way to find the craft used?

I've run into a similar situation.  If you go to your craft directory using your OS file browser and sort the list by modified date it will show the craft files in the order they were last updated, which will likely correlate with their order of use in the game (if, like me, you nearly always edit something on them prior to re-using the design).  Of course this assumes you are are on PC and not on a console.  But I bet there is a way to access the file system on the console in a similar way but that would be well outside my knowledge and probably involve scrying through forums about the console of interest with regards to unity game file storage and such

Edited by darthgently

On 3/10/2022 at 3:18 PM, strider3 said:

Doesn't the tracking station list all your ships in chronological order of launch date?

7 hours ago, Snark said:

Doesn't the tracking station list all your ships in chronological order of launch date?

It does...but only those still in flight. Finding one that was used in the past, but no longer in "flight" is a bit harder.

I think the real answer here is to remember to rename a craft that tells me exactly what it was built for (Kerbin system repair, Duna system rescue, etc.).

• 4 weeks later...

Now you know why they "nickname" missions really dumb things like "curiosity", "hope", etc :)

In all seriousness, once your rocket no longer exists in the KSP world it is deleted from persistence.sfs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.