Tweakscale DLL crasjh

Hello Everyone,

Just dusted off a KSP instance and started playing after a hiatus, and it was working well until.....well, i dont know what induced the tweakscale dll crash, but it happened out of the blue and im mystified as to how to recover the game...

heres the log file

https://mega.nz/file/LeoAXS7Q#hzRjcpYldeVeO557OYwHcRz7bFHRhw7zJC0lh_SzxU4

20 hours ago, Union Kerbide said:

Hello Everyone,

Just dusted off a KSP instance and started playing after a hiatus, and it was working well until.....well, i dont know what induced the tweakscale dll crash, but it happened out of the blue and im mystified as to how to recover the game...

Yep.

Spoiler
ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: UnityEngine.IMGUIModule, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: UnityEngine.IMGUIModule, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'FinalFrontier': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loa
ded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FinalFrontierAdapter.PopupMenuDrawable' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FinalFrontierAdapter.Button' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.RibbonSupersedeChain' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.Configuration' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.AboutWindow' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.FFStyles' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
 System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Nereid.FinalFrontier.WindowManager' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
<cut>

Sounds like something I had already diagnosed here:

The output.log is not enough to diagnose this one, so I have to guess, but you may be using an older version of Final Frontier - by downloading the newest release, things got fixed for another fellow Kerbonaut.

Try to update your Final Frontier and if the problem persists, please publish your full KSP.log so I can inspect it.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
forgot to add the log

2 hours ago, Union Kerbide said:

Unfortunately it is still having .dll trouble.  here is the full log

Well.. Rinse, repeat. :)

Let's check this log.

Kerbal Space Program - 1.7.3.2594 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us

Hey, a 1.7.3 player! I still play on it too! :)

[ERR 10:25:49.441] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: UnityEngine.IMGUIModule, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:25:49.443] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'FinalFrontier': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'FinalFrontierAdapter.PopupMenuDrawable' from assembly 'FinalFrontier, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

It's still Final Frontier, apparently. And since it was not being able to be loaded, I can't check the DLL version.

In time, ReStock is also being affected, this is not affecting only TweakScale:

[ERR 10:25:49.464] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: UnityEngine.AnimationModule, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:25:49.464] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: UnityEngine.AnimationModule, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 10:25:49.465] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Restock': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Restock.ModuleRestockDeployableMeshHider' from assembly 'Restock, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

We need to do a test: remove Final Frontier from the rig and see if the problem goes away. 

If the problem still happens, send me a new KSP.log so I can see who is borking now.

If the problem goes away, we have found the troublemaker. Since you are using 1.7.3, you will need to download the version 1.7.0-3466 from spacedock (direct link: https://spacedock.info/mod/580/Final Frontier/download/1.7.0-3466 ). Downloading a newer released will cause problems, as KSP >= 1.8 uses another Mono version, incompatible with the one 1.7.3 uses.

Additionally, I suggest you reach the CKAN guys and ask them how to pin Add'On versions to cope with your KSP 1.7.3 release only. I think it downloaded the latest, ignoring that it only works on KSP >= 1.8.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
tyops! Who would thought of that? :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.