SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

I like to pretend I'm some giant organization whose major goals are to colonize space (think of Macey Dean's Spiritwolf Corp. if you watch his videos at all). I designed a logo (which is my flag), and built a large (and laggy) space station!

Advertising is key to a successful business you know! (This "billboard" was inspired from whoever did that "EAT AT JOE'S" billboard).

krlgD0D.jpg

That was me!

I'm glad you were inspired. I love the backstory, too. It is actually how my billboard came into being, too. Just love the little Kerbals and the lives they lead.

Your station looks awesome. Your satellite radio dish looks brilliant, too.

Just added my Defense Module to one end of my station!

33w5b7o.jpg

It has two Clamp-O-Tron Jr.'s on either side of the cockpit to allow for weapon racks to be mounted and removed as needed. Also Features the Lazor System for targeting. Docking ports are mounted on Rotatrons to allow for weapons to be rotated to better launch angles.

Mods used so far:

Firespitter

Damned Robotics

Romfarer's Laser System

KW Rocketry

Quantum Struts

Too busy playing with space-planes to post stations lately - then realised I'd need something to dock them with. New 0.20 Kerbin station, HMS Scunthorpe.

ch2yug7nqjmdl9lfg.jpg

2ebhis0jcxfiekufg.jpg

Hi !

Nice work!

But... hem.... Can someone tell me how Stanonwheels did this ring fuel ? I tried, but it always stay right!

Ty!

Edited by Berlingot

The å°Âå…â€Ã¥Â­Â orbital science and docking platform.

1VG4nzw.png

It provides the docking experience for my next station, the 大å…â€Ã¥Â­Â fuel platform.

Here's my first space station in Low Kerbin Orbit: Baile Speir. It was constructed over 6 launches, consists of 10 independent modules plus the escape craft, 219 parts (24 of which are in the escape craft), and has a mass of approximately 55.58 tonnes. It has living space for 19 Kerbonauts (12 without putting bunks in the lab, observatory, or docking bay), and a current working crew of 4: Bill (the Rocket Killer), Bob, Elger and Johnton.

Baile Speir is currently in a clean 100km orbit (+/- ~100m) at a 0.8º inclination.

20130625_ksp1175_baile_speir.jpg

All stock - No mods were used in the construction of this station.

Edited by Cydonian Monk

This is my First station(under construction) that is going to be a mother ship at some point in its life

E:\kerbal space\KSP_win\Screenshots\screenshot2 - Copy.png A different angle

E:\kerbal space\KSP_win\Screenshots\screenshot0.png The front of the space station on my U,X,L,Q,H,L rocket

NAAA what my pics dident load:(

help?

Edited by Tidus Klein

Hi all! This post may be both my presentation and to show you my first attemp to make a functional space station!

Just today i learnt how to rendeavouz propeerly, and how to dock things, i spent almost 3 hours for that, but it was a funny time learning from mistakes that allowed me to do this:

K.I.S.S. (Kerbal International Space Station)

Station Data:

Part Count: 173

Total Mass: 38'07 t

Orbit Data:

Velocity: 1791 km/h +- 1'9 km/h

Altitude: 500.000 m +- 1500 m

Kerbalnauts:

Bill Kerman

Halbrett Kerman

Samory Kerman

Screenshots:

5xy.png

skxc.png

llu0.png

ywdp.png

As you can see, the station is made of 3 different stages. Looking at the first photo, from left to right, you can see the Communication Module, in the center the Habitat Module, and in the right the Lab Module. I plan to extend above with two bigs refueling and docking modules. In the south i plan to wait until more updates, because i'm sure that more things will be implemented to space stations.

I know it's not as cool as many i have seen in this post, but it's mine, i love it, and i enjoyed a really good time assembling it. I hope you like it too, tought just a little!

See you!

Edited by Davarpe
Problem with screenshots, also i would say that i used no mod!

Here's one of mine guys. . . the Gatekeeper space station, sitting pretty at a comfortable 120km orbit. The only mods I use are the Ioncross Crew pack making my kerbals need oxygen, the Modular fuel tank pack, able to use 3 different fuel mixes for your ships, and some fuels even "evaporate", and Mechjeb 2.0.8 so that I could fine-tune the launches at the right times. And sorry if it's kinda picture heavy. . . I hope you'll enjoy nonetheless. :)

Diagram of the station.

lCfYIT4.png?2

Rear view at night, showing the "tail lights" from it's supply tanks.

T650tU2.png?1

Up-front view of the observer pod and the antennae.

1y3yIgS.png?2

-And here we take the observer out for a trip-

ZssK3py.png?1

2IZwxqs.png?1

A closer look at the aft of the observer

ZCPk4lx.png?1

BtKQfpz.png?1

SDMaUWv.png

My massive station using the huge tanks from KW rocketry as fuel reserves, this is for all of my interplanetary ships to stop at.

This station took me about 40 launches in total to put together (not including the failed launches and deaths). I also need to send up a ship with crew, I already fueled the huge tanks, (that alone took a couple launches)

http://i.imgur.com/SDMaUWv.png

My massive station using the huge tanks from KW rocketry as fuel reserves, this is for all of my interplanetary ships to stop at.

This station took me about 40 launches in total to put together (not including the failed launches and deaths). I also need to send up a ship with crew, I already fueled the huge tanks, (that alone took a couple launches)

Wow, that's a big one. What do you call it, Lag Central Station?

Wow, that's a big one. What do you call it, Lag Central Station?
Actually, lag from massive ships has been toned down quite a bit... My new Hades Station is made up of around 500+ parts and framerate's at a steady 16~20...

actually I have a pretty boss computer, but it still goes around 10 fps, and I kept the parts down by barely using struts, but in consequence I cant really rotate the station correctly lol. also I dont have a name for it yet so lol

33D94PG.png

Here's the Kerbin Equatorial Station (creatively named, I know), my first crack at a modular station. The central module was launched first, followed by the habitation module for additional docking ports, and then the fuel reserve was added later. The two craft docked with the habitation module are of identical design for resupply and crew transfer.

K.E.S. sits in a nearly circular orbit of between 198 and 200km.

Mods used:

Quantum struts (for stability)

K.A.S. (mostly because it looks cool)

Chatterer

Kerbal Alarm Clock

My Basic Space Station Core. Is launched with eight medium sized docking ports, one senior docking port and four half sized docking ports. Made for functionality, so I had to reduce the part count to the lowest number possible to reduce lag. As a result, it is widely used in my space program!

Is relatively light so can be lifted by just about any medium payload lifter.

screenshot1025.jpg

Low part count so lag is greatly reduced, much to the relief of my CPU and graphics card :D

screenshot1028.jpg

Flexible enough to dock many vehicles, large and small, as well as ability to add extra modules (fuel reserves, habitation modules etc.)

screenshot1421.jpg

Hi all! This post may be both my presentation and to show you my first attemp to make a functional space station!

Just today i learnt how to rendeavouz propeerly, and how to dock things, i spent almost 3 hours for that, but it was a funny time learning from mistakes that allowed me to do this:

K.I.S.S. (Kerbal International Space Station)

Station Data:

Part Count: 173

Total Mass: 38'07 t

Orbit Data:

Velocity: 1791 km/h +- 1'9 km/h

Altitude: 500.000 m +- 1500 m

Kerbalnauts:

Bill Kerman

Halbrett Kerman

Samory Kerman

Screenshots:

5xy.png

skxc.png

llu0.png

ywdp.png

As you can see, the station is made of 3 different stages. Looking at the first photo, from left to right, you can see the Communication Module, in the center the Habitat Module, and in the right the Lab Module. I plan to extend above with two bigs refueling and docking modules. In the south i plan to wait until more updates, because i'm sure that more things will be implemented to space stations.

I know it's not as cool as many i have seen in this post, but it's mine, i love it, and i enjoyed a really good time assembling it. I hope you like it too, tought just a little!

See you!

I really like your space station. Did you use any mods to make it?? :)

This is my First station(under construction) that is going to be a mother ship at some point in its life

E:\kerbal space\KSP_win\Screenshots\screenshot2 - Copy.png A different angle

E:\kerbal space\KSP_win\Screenshots\screenshot0.png The front of the space station on my U,X,L,Q,H,L rocket

NAAA what my pics dident load:(

help?

Geez...you linked your computer. You have to upload them on imgur, imageshack or something els BTW, welcome on the internet.