SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

I had a rather large station back in .20, but it got lost in the transition to .21. I'm currently working on rebuilding it.

IKOS - International Kerbal Orbital Station

72HUlSf.jpg

The two large spaceplanes docked toward the head of the station are emergency escape SSTO's capable of deorbiting to Kerbin and landing at KSC or escaping to my Mun base.

I think this one is my favorite, not because of the station, which is nice, but because of all the other stuff that goes with the station (planes, a cargo thingie with the DROMOMAN robotic arms, awesomeness).

Updated my radio dish array. Now uses over 140 fewer parts, making the FPS manageable again. YAY!

This is what it was:

Apf1ao9.png

And now here is what it is:

F7ixrXY.png

EdEUoXO.png

6U2XXmy.png

itbmtxK.png

The empty arm will be my fuel resupply arm. I have not yet begun to design that stage, but it will come eventually. I have to re-design, and re-do the habitat modules. My OCD will not leave them backwards from each other. And, I've got a few different ideas I want to try anyway.

I have to re-design, and re-do the habitat modules. My OCD will not leave them backwards from each other. And, I've got a few different ideas I want to try anyway.

I fixed this today. Two launches, minor tweaks to the design. I like it better this way, and it fixes the problem of the habitat cans not being lined up with each other. Eventually a 3rd will go up, but I want to do my fuel arm next. Trying to keep the part count down so that it remains useable, always.

2RSeJkR.png

Currently, room for 26. Staffed by only 12 to keep it comfortable. Plans to expand to 38 capacity. Probably will keep concurrent Kerbals onboard to a max of 20. Probably 18.

Edited by mellojoe

Cool thread guys. Some really awesome stations. Heres my current Station, I named it Gateway station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP6t0IhWvfY

It's just the hab module at the moment, theres room for 130, not too sure what I am going to add just yet.

BOlU5Q0.png

What it took to get it into space, barely.

tq7DzYC.png

sXP0R5Z.png

hUNygNE.png

Edited by Fleb

My first space station was smashed to pieces when I accidentally deleted a mod I thought I didn't use any longer, so I restarted the endeavor. I've got to say I'm happy that happened, because this space station turned out so much better.

It is heavily inspired by the ISS, but not necessarily a recreation of it.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Named my station the Artemis Space Station.

Didn't realize the problem with that until three days later.

Fz3cwef.png

There's a ship docked there at the moment, but this image is a bit out-dated; added an orange tank for re-fueling along with some other stuff recently.

Here's my screenshots, some from a previous save, but using the same craft files for the most part.

screenshot10_zpsd84786a0.png

ISKP Space Station around Kerbin with HD Skybox

screenshot12_zps7406575f.png

screenshot13_zps65e9f6bb.png

Docking Tower Blue w/ Open ports

screenshot17_zps31256c4e.png

Docking Tower Red

screenshot18_zpsf2167c1a.png

Docking Tower Green

screenshot20_zpsef1153f0.png

ISKP Station's Deorbit/Reorbit Thrusters

screenshot21_zps11646b8e.png

ISKP Station body w/ GPS receiver and Docking Tower Attachment ports

After getting tired of simplistic space stations that worked effectively and had a purpose, I just decided to make one that looks cool. So behold, the Entity 2 space station!

screenshot893.jpg

Spherical Tank's (Can be launched empty) 4LOF 6Mono configuration with explosive decouplers on each section, should the kraken strike during a botched docking procedure. (For ****s and giggles - F9 is your friend)

I have the same configuration around Mun and Duna. The one in Laythe is still under construction.

dH8gTD8.jpg

mjvaqT7.jpg

L8vFIDZ.jpg

DwawUXj.jpg

This was my previous attempt at a fuel depot but proved too prone to space seisures

llYWP3qs.jpg

Ladies and gents, I give you Space Station Beta:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I used Fustek, FustekX, KW Rocketry and KSPX to build this thing.

Space station Alpha was moved to a 200 km Munur orbit after the completion of Space Station Beta. The last 2 pics show the refuler craft filling up the RCS tanks. The first crew is expected to arive tomorrow! :)

This is my latest project, Vital Station.

Qf8lo3M.jpg

93 tonnes, 295 parts, orbiting at 150km with three SSTO planes docked. More pics of the SSTO here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/33312-Showcase-SSTO-s!-Post-your-pictures-here/page30#295

Each of the three is slightly different, the one with the intakes where the rocket nosecones were is the latest optimized one.

Ladies and gents, I give you Space Station Beta:

-snip-

I used Fustek, FustekX, KW Rocketry and KSPX to build this thing.

Space station Alpha was moved to a 200 km Munur orbit after the completion of Space Station Beta. The last 2 pics show the refuler craft filling up the RCS tanks. The first crew is expected to arive tomorrow! :)

What mod are the 2.5m connecter hubs from?

Also, I just put a transfer station up around them Mun for operations between my low altitude recieving station and my high altitude fueling station. I'll get some pics up later.

What mod are the 2.5m connecter hubs from?

Also, I just put a transfer station up around them Mun for operations between my low altitude recieving station and my high altitude fueling station. I'll get some pics up later.

They look like either manually resized (rescaleFactor) Rockomax Hubmax Multi-Point Connector's or the ones out of the Mobius Rocketworks pack (which are the same thing).