Must have mods.

Moeceefus

What would all of you fine Kerbanauts define as must have mods for KSP? Perhaps we can comprise a list. I myself am looking for sustainable energy, rovers, stations, functional satellites, and many other great things. I wish I knew a bit about modding. I'd like to see ground and orbital telescopes that can provide images and various other information about the celestial bodies in KSP. What do you all think? What are the top mods for KSP that are worth looking in to?

Kerbal.net

As for must-haves? If you want satellites and rovers and things, MMI Satellite pack. EEP and MechJeb, easily (anyone who calls it "cheaty" hasn't seen the inside of a space shuttle cockpit). Kosmos and DSM are big winners for space stations and such.

Kethane is nifty, but detection is sometimes depressingly difficult. When it comes to interplanetary things, Protractor and VOID can be indispensable.

Edited by phoenix_ca

MechJeb (it isn't cheaty. If anything, it makes things more realistic and allows you to concentrate on stuff that matters.)

Tosh's cart plugin.

Erkle's docking mod (the other one seems to have been an unsupported hit and run).

Novapunch.

CbbP's Dragon (my all-time favorite space craft after some minor tweaking)

And I can't wait for the upcoming Angara set from CbbP...

I'd say the only essential mods are those that provide flight information because the game simply doesn't give you various essential points. Mechjeb is popular for this but I tend to find myself using Kerbal Engineer Redux instead as the interface is nicer. It also lacks mechjeb's autopilot function if you don't like that.

As for finding mods, just look at the add-ons section further down the forum mainpage. The popular ones mentioned here should also be in the first few pages of the release forum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.