Visual: Distant Object Enhacement

To see that huge space station pass above KSC/colonies without Physics, to see KSC and crafts from orbit, AND to see distant planets like real astronomers.

Yes. This mod is KSP1 does it all. 

On 10/1/2021 at 1:05 AM, Lisias said:

Description:

Distant Object Enhancement /L  is a visual enhancement mod that makes objects realistically visible over large distances.

BASIC FEATURES

• Flare effects for planets and nearby satellites, properly calculated by size, distances, phase angle, etc.
  • Flare effects are colored for each planet, which makes for easy identification.
  • On-rails vessels up to 750km away are visually rendered (no intensive physics calculations necessary)
  • Background stars dim when looking at the bright surface of a nearby planet, just like in real life!
  • If you have blizzy78's Toolbar plugin, a settings window is available with several options to improve performance or tweak visuals.
  • Full compatibility with custom planet mods -- with flare color definitions included for Real Solar System, PlanetFactory, and Alternis Kerbol.

Edited by AllenLi

This sounds great- I do think this will be implemented at least for the planet side of things, as in the interstellar video they mentioned that distant stars would be rendered, and if they can do that for stars, it is only one small step to doing it with planets. I also think that ships will probably have improved rendering and won’t just disappear outside of a small range, but I’m not sure how the devs will handle it exactly. And before the controversy happens (because there have been a few threads about how bright the skybox should be around planets), this thread is not to discuss that, it is just for rendering ships and planets from far away.