Paraterraforming Mod

InfoTheGamer

Next update is going to be huge; planned release is after Christmas. I am using AI as a tool to do some of the texturing, and some of the models in the new update were inspired by artificial-intelligence-created reference images made with stable diffusion. It is my intent that I used AI ethically in this project and only for visual improvement.

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Just wondering why you have .tga's in the CYLINDERS folder? the mod is just shy of 1GB... you could probably shrink that significantly if you convert to .DDS textures

That's something I'll consider in the future. For now the blanket solution is to put the cylinders into an Extras folder or another mod, it seems the full scale was wayyyy too ambitious for stock KSP. It's been a minute since I've dusted Unity off, so I'm going to work on new stuff before I fix this.

Well, this is off to a pretty good start :P

I do see, most of your .png textures are dbl/tripled-up... But i see you have a /Textures/ folder already.. so it looks like you know you only need *one* copy of shared textures, instead of a copy in each relevant folder with the models/cfgs.

I notice Greeble8k has two copies, that while the file properties seem different, visually, they look like the same tetxure... could probably delete one.. vOv

Also, I see for the
GreebleBakeManara texture, you could do some optimizing on the model's UV mapping, and be able to shrink that texture down in half or quarter what its at...

Making all the above changes, & converting to .dds, you could probably easily shrink the mod size from 1 GB, to about half or smaller...

I dont know how it would affect RAM usage (couldnt get worse, anyway :P ), but right now, as-is, the mod alone adds ~3.2 GB to my RAM useage.

I really hope you get the opportunity to tweak the mod a bit, and that hopefully, someone comes along who does base building with Kerbal Konstructs, fully takes advantage of the statics in here. ;)

• 1 month later...

Update 0.3 will come this month, with these expected updates/changes:

-Adding Lofstrom Launch Loop (Earth Scale)

-Adding large chemical plants

-Adding tanks (KK)

-Likely depreciating large cylinders because I don't have the time during college to optimize filesize. 

-Possibly adding landing pads, O'Neill colony ship, nuclear reactor KK models

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/8/2023 at 5:19 PM, InfoTheGamer said:

Update 0.3 will come this month, with these expected updates/changes:

-Adding Lofstrom Launch Loop (Earth Scale)

-Adding large chemical plants

-Adding tanks (KK)

-Likely depreciating large cylinders because I don't have the time during college to optimize filesize. 

-Possibly adding landing pads, O'Neill colony ship, nuclear reactor KK models

Hey its been like several months?

Hi @EndAllFilms, please remember that the great people who make free content for KSP are also subject to real life responsibilities and pressures so while asking for an update is okay (so long as it's polite and  not repetitive) it's best just to be patient as we wait for our favorite mods to be updated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 5:43 AM, James Kerman said:

Hi @EndAllFilms, please remember that the great people who make free content for KSP are also subject to real life responsibilities and pressures so while asking for an update is okay (so long as it's polite and  not repetitive) it's best just to be patient as we wait for our favorite mods to be updated.

Alright.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 3:38 PM, EndAllFilms said:

Hey its been like several months?

Ya boy got hired at MSFC so I have been doing dynamics work and becoming a plant dad. I think I might have some time in the coming months because the models still exist on my SSD. Loftstrom loop is already in-game and it is beautiful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.