[WIP/Idea stage] Quatrix TechTree, Resources

theJesuit

Hi!

So, whilst I've been working on a JNSQ and highly? modded career play through (lots of NearFuture mods, SMX, Kerbalism, Scansat and with the Simplex Suite), to pretty much fill out the Tetrix TechTree, I've been wondering about the performance with JNSQ and all these additional parts.

So I did some pre-planning for a (way in the future crewed trip) to Nara to see what I would need.  I then decided that maybe I want a different techtree that sits between the Simplex and Tetrix TechTrees.  One that is for a minimal list of stockish part mods.

In some spare 10mins (at work... so not game or modding time) I considered what I was ACTUALLY playing with, and what I actually needed.

Restock (which gives the additional, more powerful nuclear engine), Stock Mining Extension, to allow a better realisation of Simplex Resources, ScanSat, EPL and KD Dynamics for off world building, and NearFuture Construction.

The other NearFuture mods like NFLV, Solar, Electric, Propulsion, Atomics, CryoEngines - they are great, but I haven't REALLY got a need for them, as I actually prefer to focus on the stockish parts more.

So I've got an idea...

Quatrix TechTree

This would be an easier tree to build through in the early tiers.  It would be split into 4 (not 5) main branches, and each branch would have 4 rows (not 2 or 3).  It's design is around a smallish number of mods.

ReStockPlus, EPL and Keridan Dynamics, ScanSat, Stock Mining Extension, Near Future Construction, Simplex Kerbalism so other mods wouldn't be supported.  The only thing I'm missing really is a nuclear reactor, but I don't "ALL" the NearFutureElectrical parts to go with it.  I may introduce one in Kerbalism Simplex as a result.

Each tank size would have two tiers.

The tiers would be split:

Tier 1- 6 nodes, 7.5 science.  props and sounding rockets, 0.625m tanks

Tier 2- 12 nodes, 15 science, short 1.25m tanks

Tier 3 - 15 nodes, 30 science, long 1.25m tanks

Tier 4 - 13 nodes, 60 science, short 1.875m tanks

R&D upgrade needed

Tier 5 - 15 nodes, 120 science, long 1.875m tanks

Tier 6 - 14 nodes, 240 science, short 2.5m tanks

Tier 7 - 15 nodes, 480 science, long 2.5m tanks

R&D upgrade needed

Tier 8 - 12 nodes, 960 science, short 3.75m tanks

Tier 9 -  4 nodes, 1920 science, long 3.75m tanks

This brings total science to 32055.   The most powerful long distance  engines would be the mass drivers from SMX and the Cherenkov nuclear from ReStockPlus.

1 hour ago, Xt007 said:

Looks great! Only suggestion I have is to include procedural parts and fairings.  The simplicity of design and lower part count for tanks is something you don't appreciate until you go back to a game without them.

Fair enough.  The idea was to keep it simple, but i can see your point.  

• 1 month later...

So... been working in this (work procrastination).

Probably change name to quartix or something.  Still a name in progress.

Still very much a light mod advanced techtree.  ReStockPlus.  Stockalike Mining Expansion.   Kerbalism Simplex. Moldivite Machines.  

DLCs supported.  For propellor parts specifically.  

Also the Simplex Suite of mods.

ExtraPlanetary Launchpads, Keridian Dynamics, Near Future Construction being the only additional mods supported.

Considering Deepfreeze as well.

Tier 1 - 6 nodes at 5 science each.  The game only allows for whole points. 0.625 tanks.

Tier 2 - 12 nodes at 15 science. 1.25 tanks

Tier 3 - 16 nodes at 30 science. Short 1.875 tanks

Tier 4 - 12 nodes at 60 science. Long 1.875 tanks

R&D upgrade needed

Tier 5 - 16 nodes at 120 science. Short 2.5 tanks and mk2!

Tier 6 - 12 nodes at 240 science. Long 2.5 tanks

Tier 7 - 16 nodes at 480 science. Short 3.75 tanks and mk3!

R&D upgrade needed

Tier 8 - 12 nodes at 960 science. Long 3.75 tanks

Tier 9 - 6 nodes at 1920 science. All 5m parts

Special nodes for imaging and propellor parts.

Nuclear engines get bumped to being more expensive to tier 8. NuclearRocketry is now a tier 9.  A new superHeavyRocketry node is in tier 8.

With kerbalism the gravity ring is now tier 8.

Edited by theJesuit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.