Loud unmutable construction noises in VAB and SPH

I recently updated to 1.12.3 and have a modlist which previously never was an issue.

When I go into the VAB or SPH make a flight and revert back then from that point on the game plays construction sound noises, like jackhammering, spooling of engines, hammering and so on

The noise is loud and no audio slider in the menu affects it at all. It only plays in these two buildings but I have no idea why

Its really hard to play and build when you basically live next to a construction zone.

7qCv3JU.png

Edited by thejoker1432

What is KSPRC? I did a quick search and found Renaissance Collection which is way outdated. Remove it if you can't find a recent version.

Try removing Rocket Sound Enhancement to see what happens. AFAIK it's not supposed to change VAB sounds, but maybe there's a new feature or a weird interaction with another mod.

You said you upgraded to 1.12.3. What version were you on and how did you upgrade? You might have old junk from old KSP versions interfering. You might need to reinstall mods with newer versions.

Copy your logfile to a file sharing site and post a link here. See the thread "How to get support".

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 1:06 AM, DeadJohn said:

What is KSPRC? I did a quick search and found Renaissance Collection which is way outdated. Remove it if you can't find a recent version.

Try removing Rocket Sound Enhancement to see what happens. AFAIK it's not supposed to change VAB sounds, but maybe there's a new feature or a weird interaction with another mod.

You said you upgraded to 1.12.3. What version were you on and how did you upgrade? You might have old junk from old KSP versions interfering. You might need to reinstall mods with newer versions.

Copy your logfile to a file sharing site and post a link here. See the thread "How to get support".

Hey thanks for your answer. It was indeed Rocket Sound Enhance,ent that caused the construction noises.

I dont know if that is intended behavior but I removed it and now its fine. Thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.