Mods somehow dont work after updating, ksp is crashing and i dont have a single idea what mod causes it.

NOTE THAT I USED CKAN TO DOWNLOAD NEARLY EVERY MOD, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF KITTOPIATECH

So, this all started when I was trying to get kopernicus expanded. I tried to get it, yet it failed to load, no matter what I tried. So I went on to the compatible game versions tab in CKAN, set it to 1.7 and then installed kopernicusexpanded continued. Then, I accidentaly updated all the installed mods. And then, it all went downhill. Ksp crashed in the middle of loading. I suspect that interstellarfuelswitch might play a role in it, but I am unsure. I do not even know where to start. I set nearly every mod that ksp interstellar expanded depends on to the same game version, yet it was useless. However I fixed an issue by downgrading a mod to 1.2, yet i cant remember the name of the mod. I am uncertain which mods cause this, yet i am somewhat "heavily" modded (most are dependent mods) and so i do not even know to which mod do i link it to.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kes0D5kJJ9FLMjmqVCN7x42be_NfTLo6/view?usp=sharing

Modlist: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1b6yOLWIBV6ioj-B1f-biAlogw4YdSBqG?usp=sharing

KSP 1.8 had a big Unity update and any mods that weren't recompiled against it will not work in KSP 1.8 or later. Either delete all mods not marked as compatible with 1.8 or later or go back to KSP 1.7.3 to use them.

There's a more up to date version of Kopernicus Expanded available here:

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

KSP 1.8 had a big Unity update and any mods that weren't recompiled against it will not work in KSP 1.8 or later. Either delete all mods not marked as compatible with 1.8 or later or go back to KSP 1.7.3 to use them.

Indeed, if I had to guess, trying to use those old Kopernicus Expansion versions probably directly caused this problem. Every word of this warning is meant to be taken completely seriously:

mTsH2N1.png

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

There's a more up to date version of Kopernicus Expanded available here:

Note that those are pre-releases, meaning they're still in testing and not necessarily expected to be stable or reliable. That's also why they're not in CKAN yet.

kR0I7B6.png

Edited by HebaruSan

9 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

There's a more up to date version of Kopernicus Expanded

I didnt really go to a higher version just so I could install more mods. I went there so I could install Kopernicus Expanded Continued, hoping that it will fix the issue of the normal Kopernicus Expanded failing to load, as I mentioned in the post. I unchecked 1.7, downgraded nearly every mod i could to 1.0 and/or 1.2 (I didnt mention this in the post). 

Thanks for your reply.

Edited by kspcrypto7
a small Thank You message to be more friendly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.