some questions on KSP 2

First, just want to say to all the developers working on this, I think your doing amazing work and I cant wait for February. I do have a couple of questions/suggestions/disscusion points for KSP 2 and would love to hear what you guys are thinking about them.

1. looking at the trailer footage, the new navball and flight U.I looks cool, but it does look quite cluttered and convoluted compared to the original. I'm not sure if thats just an effect of the more digitised aesthetic it has but have you considered adding an option in settings to toggle the old navball if a player desires?

2. KSP 1 doesn't cope well with flight controllers with a lot of buttons, particularly if you have multiple controllers connected at once (HOSAS, HOTAS if the throttle has its own USB connection, rudder pedals). it doesn't indicate which controller a button is from (it'll say 'button 5' rather than 'joy 1 button 5') and it's unclear whether the game itself is distinguishing between the different controllers, or just assigning something to button 5 of all the controllers. It also does not pick up all the buttons, axis, etc from the controllers (I have an x55 rhino HOTAS, half the buttons on the throttle quadrant don't get registered by ksp, and if I've assigned something to the joysticks button 5, and something else to throttle button 5, if I press either of the buttons, both actions trigger. Are you aware of this/do you have plans to address this in KSP 2?

other than that, the game footage looks beautiful, and so do the new features. you guys are amazing.

2 hours ago, jeb2electricboogaloo said:

Are you aware of this/do you have plans to address this in KSP 2?

flight stick functionality was hinted at in Episode 4: Celestial Architecting, I think (or maybe Ep. 5?) So I think that there will be better support there. 

Also, for discussions that aren't directly asking for a feature to be in the game (or even if you are discussing a potential feature), the forum for you is the KSP 2 Discussion forum. 

13 hours ago, jeb2electricboogaloo said:

1. looking at the trailer footage, the new navball and flight U.I looks cool, but it does look quite cluttered and convoluted compared to the original. I'm not sure if thats just an effect of the more digitised aesthetic it has but have you considered adding an option in settings to toggle the old navball if a player desires?

i dont think the ui looks very clutterd but yhea i think it looks worse than the original. I especially hate the  pressure meter. its not different colors its just different amount of pixels showing how much atmosphere there is and the indicator is so big you dont see where its pointing and its also much bigger and in the middle than ksp one. its way to in center and attention grabbing considering you barely look at it at all.

i hope it is easily moddable because then i will probably make a mod making it look like an old airplane cockpit