[1.12] FreeIva

JonnyOThan

I guess there's no support for any of the USI catalog? I can't find any mention of it in the thread and in-game trying to use it just overrides the MKS modules (most have IVAs) with a generic lander IVA 

Edited by EleSigma

4 hours ago, EleSigma said:

I guess there's no support for any of the USI catalog? I can't find any mention of it in the thread and in-game trying to use it just overrides the MKS modules (most have IVAs) with a generic lander IVA 

Right, most USI parts do not have a custom IVA and many of them use stock placeholders that don’t always fit. That’s why I haven’t added FreeIVA support for it yet.

Cannot switch from one Kerbal to the next.

Pressing [ does not switch Kerbals. I am running this mod, did that disable it? When in IVA if I look at  another Kerbal on screen message reads, "[None] Swith to ...."

I cannot find a setting anywhere. does someone know if I can alter the settings config file for this.

Thank you

8 minutes ago, CubertFarnsworth said:

Pressing [ does not switch Kerbals. I am running this mod, did that disable it? When in IVA if I look at  another Kerbal on screen message reads, "[None] Swith to ...."

I cannot find a setting anywhere. does someone know if I can alter the settings config file for this.

Thank you

Pressing V should switch Kerbals in IVA view.  If not, check your key bindings. 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, CubertFarnsworth said:

Thank you

This key uses the "camera next" key binding from the stock game settings.  The key is displayed inside the squre brackets, so the fact that it says "[None]" sounds like it's not bound correctly.  Some mods can interfere with the camera mode and camera next stock key bindings, especially if the game crashes when they've removed the binding temporarily.

Edited by JonnyOThan

58 minutes ago, orionguy said:

Pressing V should switch Kerbals in IVA view.  If not, check your key bindings. 

Forgot to mention that V does nothing as well. I cannot find it in key bindings for that option Orion. Do you know where to look?

Found it under camera settings. 

Thanks

50 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

This key uses the "camera next" key binding from the stock game settings.  It sounds like it's not bound correctly.  Some mods can interfere with the camera mode and camera next stock key bindings, especially if the game crashes when they've removed the binding temporarily.

So would you recommend a fresh reinstall of the game or uninstall ALL mods and then reinstall?

Found it under camera settings. 

Thanks

Edited by CubertFarnsworth

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, CubertFarnsworth said:

So would you recommend a fresh reinstall of the game or uninstall ALL mods and then reinstall?

No, just go into the key binding settings in the main menu and make sure that "camera next" is bound to the V key.

sok9h1q.png

Edited by JonnyOThan

4 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

No, just go into the key binding settings in the main menu and make sure that "camera next" is bound to the V key.

sok9h1q.png

LOL we posted at the same time.

and thank you for the quick replies

Edited by CubertFarnsworth

i just got into modding ksp, i got free iva mod and downloaded it and ModuleManager, i found a tutorial and put it into gamedata. when i try to use iva i just pass through my command module, i dont know what i did wrong.

2 hours ago, Spacefox1 said:

i just got into modding ksp, i got free iva mod and downloaded it and ModuleManager, i found a tutorial and put it into gamedata. when i try to use iva i just pass through my command module, i dont know what i did wrong.

could you send us the KSP.log in your ksp directory.

16 hours ago, Spacefox1 said:

found it, but its pretty long

Don't just copy-and-paste it into a post! Save it to any of several file-sharing providers (Dropbox is my go-to), and post the link to it here.

7 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Pretty much all of your mods are installed incorrectly. I’d recommend deleting everything from GameData except for squad and then starting over with ckan.

let me guess he forgot to remove the mods from the distribution file?

so gamedata inside a gamedata?

22 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Pretty much all of your mods are installed incorrectly. I’d recommend deleting everything from GameData except for squad and then starting over with ckan.

thank you very much.