[1.12.5] ANGLECAN Achievement Tree 2.0

theJesuit

ANGLECAN Achievement Tree 2.0
Download from Spacedock

Requires Module Manager (not included), Contract Configurator Download from Github

Licence  is CC-BY-NC-SA http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

AngleCan Achievment Tree creates independent Tech Tree nodes for a visual interface on various achievements for your space agency.   These nodes can be unlocked via supplied contracts (with Contract Configurator).

Achievements for each body include: flyby, orbit, landing and flag planting.  For orbit and landing, these can be either crewed or uncrewed.  A flag does require a kerbal!

For the home world (Kerbin), reach space, orbit, crewed orbit and successful return from orbit unlock the four Kerbin nodes.

For gas planets (Jool), orbit, crewed orbit and atmospheric flight unlock the three nodes.  Contracts are like world firsts, you can't accept or decline them, they just are there.  You can also track them in the KSC Mission Control.

Contracts require a certain order.  You can' plant a flag before you have landed.  Apart from Kerbin (Earth), Flyby is the first contract you access.  For moons, around planets other than Kerbin (Earth), you must flyby the parent to unlock the Flyby contract of that moon.

• Achieve Kerbin Pass the Kerman Line
    unlocks Kerbin Orbit and Kerbin Crewed Orbit

• Achieve Kerbin Orbit
    unlocks Flyby of Mun, Minmus, Moho, Eve, Duna, Dres, Jool and Eeloo.

Skip Mun and Minmus and head straight to Duna.

• Achieve Duna Flyby
    unlocks Duna Orbit, Duna Landing, Ike Flyby

Without entering orbit around Duna, you head straight for Ike's Sphere of Influence

• Achieve Ike Flyby
    unlocks Ike Orbit and Ike Landing

Without entering Ike Orbit, you land directly,

• Achieving Ike Landed
    unlocks Ike Flag planting,

You don't have crew, so you need to wait till you send a crewed craft to achieve a flag planting!

Current Systems supported:

• Stock
  • JNSQ
  • OPM
  • KSRSS

Current TechTrees Supported:

• Stock
  • Community Tech Tree
  • QUARTIX Tech Tree
  • SIMPLEX Tech Tree
  • TETRIX Tech Tree

Future Tech Tree  support:

• The Skyhawk Science System

Spoiler

Game start.  No contracts have been completed yet.

X9LtDrh.png

1wF4LS9.png

Edited by theJesuit
Update to 2.0

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the idea of the mod but on my installation it seems to have a bug where Contract Configurator throws errors like this every few seconds on the screen:

Exception occured while attempt to generate contract of type 'ProgressionlandedContracts.ProgressionlandedJNSQAden':
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

It also seems like there are contracts for JNSQ system bodies listed in the mission control.

I am playing in the stock Kerbol system and don't have JNSQ installed so I am guessing it has to do with the contracts trying to generate for JNSQ system even though it is not installed. 

I'm playing on KSP version 1.12.5 and have about 150 mods installed including CapCom, TETRIX Tech Tree, Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes, Contract Configurator and a some contract packs.

Is there anyway to at least automatically hide the error messages or prevent the JNSQ contracts from trying to generate in the stock system entirely so there would be no errors? The error messages make the game pretty unplayable since I need to keep closing the debug window every few seconds to see my ship and click on it's parts.

Edited by Turjander
More information on my install and the problem

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, for the JNSQ issue, some files are missing the dependency tag, to fix, add in the following files:

AchievementTreeContracts-flag.cfg
AchievementTreeContracts-landed.cfg
AchievementTreeContracts-orbit.cfg

For each 

+CONTRACT_TYPE[ProgessionorbitKerbin] //may say kerbin or moho

You must add either of these tags at the end, depending on which space system they belong to 

:NEEDS[!JNSQ]	//For Kerbin planets
:NEEDS[JNSQ]	//For JNSQ planets

It should look something like this

+CONTRACT_TYPE[ProgessionorbitKerbin]:NEEDS[!JNSQ]
	{	@name = ProgressionorbitEve

+CONTRACT_TYPE[ProgessionorbitKerbin]:NEEDS[JNSQ]
		{	@name = ProgressionorbitJNSQAden
Edited by IC-Adel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

:sticktongue: @Mitokandria

Can I recommend playing in Career Mode with AngleCan Progression?  This would remove all contracts except World Firsts, keep the costs of upgrades and purchasing kerbals in, but that is all.  You can treat it like a Science mode with some spice.   This Achievements mod works a treat with it.

Edited by theJesuit

5 hours ago, Mitokandria said:

I only just learned about it yesterday after checking out the links in your signature! I wish i had found it before getting so invested in my current game...although....maaaaybe starting over isnt SO bad..

After the Station Parts release I've just started my JNSQ save over again without Near future.  I was just about to start harvesting ores and had craft just visited Eve.  Always restarting! 

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about updating and adding in the support for OPM and KSRSS, but as I was doing so I was getting annoyed at some of the functionality of the world firsts contracts and the misalignment of the order of things in my recent playthrough., like reach orbit around Mun (I used a probe), rendezvous around Mun and return from Mun, then rendezvous around Mun 

In the 1.2 update I made the Flag contract and node dependent on the Landed node (makes sense) and Landed dependent on Orbit, but in my last playthrough I felt that having a fourth contract of flyby was a good idea - basically, entering the SOI, but not necessarily orbit.

So  I'm thinking of a 2.0 release.  I haven't started working on it yet apart from napkin sketches, but the following would change:

TechNode sets would be four quarters of a square rather than a large square with two additional nodes

Kerbin's four nodes to unlock would be:

1. reach space
  2. orbit (contract available once reach space is completed)
  3. crewed orbit (contract available once reach space is completed)
  4. landing (contract available once reach space is completed)

Gas Giants (Jool et al.) would have 

1. flyby
  2. orbit (contract available once flyby is completed)
  3. crewed orbit (contract available once flyby is completed)
  4. landing (contract available once flyby is completed)

Planets and Moons you can land on  would have 

1. flyby
     for Mun and Minmus (available once orbit around Kerbin is reached)
     for planets orbiting a star (available once orbit around Kerbin is reached)
     for moons of other planets (available once flyby of the parent planet is reached)
  2. orbit (available once flyby is completed)
  3. landing (available once flyby is completed)
  4. flag planting (available once landing is completed)

In saying this, I am thinking of also knocking out World First contracts altogether when installed with AngleCan Progression which removes all stock contracts except World Firsts.  I'd replace these, with a series of milestone mini ones for Kerbin first launch, with Kerbin, Mun and Minmus also having orbit docking (unlocked by orbit) and EVA (unlocked by reach space or flyby), and the same for Mun and Minmus.  All the Achievement Tree contracts would then grant funds and award science bonuses instead of relying on World Firsts to do assign the bonuses to you. 

I got some time to try out my four quarters square node... and i didnt like it. Looked, too minimalist.  It was useful in remebering how I'd put this together though!

So now instead of two hanging icons there will be a third for the flyby. The main icon for each body is still orbit though.

Flyby contracts for main bodies and Mun and Minmus  need you to reach kerbin orbit first.

Flyby contracts for other moons require you to unlock the parent body flyby first.  So you can unlock Laythe et al flybys when you enter Jool SOI but dont have to enter orbit around Jool.

The logic of having to unlock before being able to see contracts is to allow you not to have dozens and dozens of active contracts all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Right.  I have everything lined up for the nodes in OPM and KSRSS, rwsdy tonrelease and then didba check of the contracts and then BAH! So many errors.

So the nodes are ready to go but I'm going to redo how I am doing the contract cfg codes.  Should take too long as I won't try and be clever and automate the process as this takes longer to debug.

• 2 weeks later...