[1.12.x] [WIP] Stock Scale Sea Dragon - Adds the Sea Dragon SHLV, in Fully Accurate, Stock Scale!

AaronDoesSpace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Damn... that's a bummer, and pretty much kills the interest of Sea Dragon :(. Do you happen to know how to re-enable it?

I was tinkering with the .cfg a couple weeks ago and didn't get it to function, I might take a look to it again later 

On 10/2/2023 at 6:47 PM, ThatGust said:

Still nothing, i swear i checked everything up and down in the cfg and didnt found the reason why it doesnt appear in the game. Im new in this so maybe i made a mistake tho

Yeah, couldn't see what's wrong in the cfg either, maybe it's in the model itself?

@AaronDoesSpace Could you please tell me how to enable the ballast? I'd really like to use it.

So @JadeOfMaar found why the ballast doesn't work: there's a non-existent node defined in the cfg, so just delete it and it works! :D

I also edited the 1st stage engine and fuel tank to adjust fuel amount and ratio and added the ballast filling module from ZeroKerbal/NecroBones Sea Dragon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a8CcbYompMLwtNvGU5n_r4c2EtY49MEx/view?usp=drive_link

Edited by hugoraider

1 hour ago, hugoraider said:

So @JadeOfMaar found why the ballast doesn't work: there's a non-existent node defined in the cfg, so just delete it and it works! :D

I also edited the 1st stage engine and fuel tank to adjust fuel amount and ratio and added the ballast filling module from ZeroKerbal/NecroBones Sea Dragon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a8CcbYompMLwtNvGU5n_r4c2EtY49MEx/view?usp=drive_link

Cool! , I also was thinkering with the values of the engine/fuel tanks trying to find the perfect spot with mixed results, but im going to try this config

Oh also, one thing i did was change the value of the parts to make it somewhat viable in carer mode 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Oh yeah, it needs NecroBone's Real Scale Sea Dragon to work.

Ah cool, thanks for the info, I will give that a try. In the interim, I just ended up increasing the mass of the ballast to 12500, which had it sit nicely in the water even with an extra 300 tons of payload if you use a slightly submerged spawn point.

t4kmWJK.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.