Native Telemetry Output? (SimConnect SDK)

I think many users are very interested in building their own custom cockpits and button boxes for this game, and I was wondering if the game will have an SDK or API that will allow users to output telemetry data easily like in Microsoft Flight Simulator (similar to SimConnect).  It would be awesome to show fuel levels, Apoapsis , Periapsis, etc. on a button box! I'm very interested in making some OpenSource hardware for this game that would be easily replicated for people with little to no experience.

Thanks!

I would like to propose the development teams and decision makers are able to take this one step further.

I hope KSP2 has a developer mode of sorts that would enable a local API with authenticated access to vehicle controls, vessel state, etc.    KRPc mod allows you to build full fledged UI programs (inside and outside of the rendered in game UI) in several popular programming languages.  For instance, I am able to build and implement python module running on a local RaspberryPi which controls in-game very long duration burns.  Some of which are required for electric powered thrust.  I activate my auto pilot which keeps the vessel on course, rotates for optimal solar dispersion and manages energy consumption.  Others, like the streamer GiantWaffle created landing scripts that launched, orbited and landed rockets, all with just KSP, KRPc and python.

With one of the obvious usages of Kerbal Space Program being in STEM education.  I can't imagine lower hanging fruit than to accompany a well thought out API with educational and corporate partners.  I am available for a resource as to how I would construct this API what would be the possible interface, reception and control points.  Otherwise, I look forward to coding my first rocket's docking procedures.  ;-)

As others, I can't wait to explore the world of science and entertainment you are creating.