[0.17] RV Space Construction Pack - Geodesic Domes

Rev

It's actually my very first attempt to release a mod. There are many incredibly useful Space Station/Deep Space Construction packs (Nova's BACE and kockaspiton's Deep Space Mission Pack to name a few), however I believe, that there is still a possibility to add something new and interesting.

This is my creation, a Space Construction Pack centered around Geodomes.

jPROKl.jpg

MkI Pod inside empty geodome. Empty geodome is probably the most flexible part since pretty much anything with proper size can be put inside.

a2bVWl.png

Geodome with barrels full of rocket fuel.

tzfFvl.png

This time with yellow stripped barrels with RCS fuel.

snD2el.png

ZO2 system with delicate blue half spherical tank.

uYeqBl.png

EPS batteries.

Dj9Vvl.png

Lightweight nuclear reactor for those long missions.

ZWWcil.png

Geosphere made of two empty geodomes.

AVMxvl.jpg

Geosphere with connector, may require some rotating (no shift-rotating needed) to get the best results.

v95m6l.jpg

Two connected geospheres.

Z17Akl.jpg

ErkleMod-compatible docking clamps.

0kRDDl.png

Basic spaceship desing, from the front:

docking clamps, empty dome with Mk1 pod, ZO2 system, connector, batteries, nuclear reactor, connector, RCS tank, fuel tank, connector, 2 fuel tanks, connector and yet another fuel tank, this time connected to quadcoupler (2x 2.5m compatible.

9hQHKl.png

A little more sophisticated design, or "put as many parts as you can, and watch how it blows", which due to lack of any control surfaces or RCS caused deaths of 3 Kerbals. Dead Kerbal happens.

dgiall.png

This time from a different perspective, few seconds before touchdown, if splashing hard into the ocean can be called a touchdown.

Licensing and credits:

BasicPack is licensed under a CC-BY-NC-SA.

ZO2Pack includes Zoxygen and EPS mods, both made by l00, who licensed his work under a CC-BY-NC-SA, too.

ClampPack includes ErklesMod 0.5 made by Erkle64 and part of texture borrowed from NovaSilsko's BACE, both licensed by their respective authors with only Attribution condition.

Download:

Basic Pack

-empty, fuel, RCS, quadcoupler and connector included

ZO2/EPS Pack

-nuclear reactor, battery and ZO2 system with DLLs

Zoxygene thread

Clamp Pack

-just Erkle's mod compatible clamp with experimental 0.5 DLL

Erkle's thread

NovaSilsko's thread with BACE Construction pack download

Edited by Rev
Description fixes

Nice. I think the texturing could be made more interesting but the idea/concept is great. Habitation domes could be a five person pod with a hatch in the shape of a dome. :)

Anyone good at texturing a greenhouse dome?

I have been working on some kind of habitation module for the pack, but it is still not ready yet. As far as I know it requires adding a ladder and a hatch using PartTools, certainly something I'm going to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.