Verification Training For KSP2 Early Access Players

I'd imagine some of the people buying the game on day 1 will be very motivated to improve the game and provide meaningful feedback in the form of bug reports and suggestions.  It also sounds like there will be an in-game bug reporting tool as one method of providing this feedback.

Would it be possible to provide some concrete direction and coordination for players who want to look for bugs?  This could come in the form of written documents listing testing methodologies or templates for overachiever bug reports.  I'm imagining something of equal or slightly deeper technical detail than a dev blog, but certainly not a 10,000 page IEEE document.  Another related aspect could be providing a sort of living "wishlist" or "coverage map" of areas of the game that have fewer play testing hours or more suspected bugs, which is updated regularly.

I'd like to clarify that this would not be like a closed beta, with more "professional" testers or require any kind of special privileges given to players.  I'm instead asking for some more concrete direction and guidance which would allow anyone highly motivated to find issues to be as useful as possible.

18 minutes ago, poopslayer78 said:

Another related aspect could be providing a sort of living "wishlist" or "coverage map" of areas of the game that have fewer play testing hours or more suspected bugs, which is updated regularly.

This, this is why people rag on community sourced beta testing.  Dev's don't provide useful, TLDR instructions on how to make a simple but useful report, they don't tell anyone why they actually need. This would be great. You could even entice overachievers more with steam achievements, or some special bug hunter skin/flag/ ship texture. What the masses lack, is direction.

14 hours ago, snkiz said:

This, this is why people rag on community sourced beta testing.  Dev's don't provide useful, TLDR instructions on how to make a simple but useful report, they don't tell anyone why they actually need. This would be great. You could even entice overachievers more with steam achievements, or some special bug hunter skin/flag/ ship texture. What the masses lack, is direction.

Community-sourced bug-testing also has the failure mode that, as the community is often not aware of complete information of the game's design, community members are hesitant to report bugs that are ambiguous. That is, if something isn't working-as-expected, it can be difficult for end-users to determine if it's actually a bug or oversight, as opposed to an intentional game design feature that players might not be able to reasonably expect. Speaking personally, I'd still consider the latter a bug, just that it's a bug in the documentation and not the program code.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:45 PM, poopslayer78 said:

I'd imagine some of the people buying the game on day 1 will be very motivated to improve the game and provide meaningful feedback in the form of bug reports and suggestions.  It also sounds like there will be an in-game bug reporting tool as one method of providing this feedback.

Would it be possible to provide some concrete direction and coordination for players who want to look for bugs?  This could come in the form of written documents listing testing methodologies or templates for overachiever bug reports.  I'm imagining something of equal or slightly deeper technical detail than a dev blog, but certainly not a 10,000 page IEEE document.  Another related aspect could be providing a sort of living "wishlist" or "coverage map" of areas of the game that have fewer play testing hours or more suspected bugs, which is updated regularly.

I'd like to clarify that this would not be like a closed beta, with more "professional" testers or require any kind of special privileges given to players.  I'm instead asking for some more concrete direction and guidance which would allow anyone highly motivated to find issues to be as useful as possible.

To be sincere, if in the first day  we do not have the forum flooded with  complains of bugs  the launch will be a great success. In the start of such a process is usually so  easy   that  most likely people will not need help with that. When th obvious issues  start to vanish is when more directed and controled form of search becomes relevant.