[1.12.x] ProbeControlRoom Recontrolled (adopted)

JonnyOThan

On 4/28/2024 at 4:33 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Make sure that “retain control point on IVA” is enabled in the game settings. By default KSP will switch the control point to the part where you activate IVA, and the control room is just the IVA for the probe.

Thank you, this worked! Also it was only one vessel that had 2 probe cores doing it. I thought they were faced correctly but maybe they weren't. But the problem has gone away on subsequent vessels so thanks again and I love the PCR I've been flying unmanned rockets there exclusively!

I did have a question, at the PCR main control desk, there is a switch I can't see what it does, the desk overhang occludes it. It has start and stop labels and is right next to the electrical charge meters, can anyone tell me what it is?

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Kazako said:

is there a way to disable the automatic switching with C, and to only switch via the toolbar button?

I’d have to go look, but are you experience a bug where it’s activating when it shouldn’t?

7 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I’d have to go look, but are you experience a bug where it’s activating when it shouldn’t?

no, the mod works just fine, i've just been experiencing some issues with switching between crewed views and the probe control view when i don't want to (because i try to incorporate probe control units in my crafts whenever i can for redundancy) that i'd like to avoid if i can, by just making it activated via toolbar button instead.

those issues specifically are minor lagspikes and an occasional issue where i break my ability to switch to IVA, i think? i'm not sure if that's from this mod, and i don't want to say it is. also, there's a bug where the UI kind of completely breaks if you switch to another nearby vessel from the probe control room that i noticed once.

it's a great mod, by the way! it makes controlling larger ships, stations and probes in general a lot more fun.

Edited by Kazako
left out some information i should have included, whoops

1 hour ago, Kazako said:

those issues specifically are minor lagspikes and an occasional issue where i break my ability to switch to IVA

There’s definitely a bit of a hitch the first time you activate PCR for a part, because it won’t create the internal room until necessary.  If there’s some other impact let me know.

There are a few mods that unbind the C key (quickiva, ThroughTheEyes, etc) and if they misbehave then it could leave them unbound. If you have a consistent set of steps to reproduce the issue I could check it out.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

There’s definitely a bit of a hitch the first time you activate PCR for a part, because it won’t create the internal room until necessary.  If there’s some other impact let me know.

There are a few mods that unbind the C key (quickiva, ThroughTheEyes, etc) and if they misbehave then it could leave them unbound. If you have a consistent set of steps to reproduce the issue I could check it out.

i should probably have specified what exactly the issue is, and the issue is, specifically, not the C key. it's the "view" button for the IVA portraits remaining greyed out. i never noticed it greying out after removing PCR for testing, but it may still have been some other cause, i feel. the C key still works just as intended with the view button greyed out, and the EVA button works fine in that situation as well.

2 hours ago, Kazako said:

i should probably have specified what exactly the issue is, and the issue is, specifically, not the C key. it's the "view" button for the IVA portraits remaining greyed out. i never noticed it greying out after removing PCR for testing, but it may still have been some other cause, i feel. the C key still works just as intended with the view button greyed out, and the EVA button works fine in that situation as well.

Oh, yeah, I could definitely see PCR and/or FreeIva interfering with that because they have to stop the portrait coroutines from updating at certain times because they can despawn IVAs when it's not ideal.  I never noticed this side effect because I always just use the C key.  Could you still please pay attention to the exact set of steps to take to reproduce the issue?

3 hours ago, Kazako said:

Im having this issue now. C wont switch me to IVA or the toolbar button. Was working yesterday and now its suddenly not. So i reinstalled the mod and its dependencies and no luck.

10 minutes ago, SheepDog2142 said:

Im having this issue now. C wont switch me to IVA or the toolbar button. Was working yesterday and now its suddenly not. So i reinstalled the mod and its dependencies and no luck.

See my response here: 

check to make sure that the C key is still bound in the main menu settings.

27 minutes ago, SheepDog2142 said:

I checked and it is still bound.  When I click C the UI buttons go grey and the parallax grass refreshes. So hitting C is doing something.

That usually happens when there is no available internal on the vessel.  Can you post your logs? What command parts are you using?

22 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

That usually happens when there is no available internal on the vessel.  Can you post your logs? What command parts are you using?

Tried about 5 different cores including stock ones with no luck. I think i found the correct log an put on gdrive. 

Thank you for your help!!! I have a whole multiplayer server waiting on this getting fixed. (issue is in normal KSP as well)

Edit: Fixed by scrapping everything and starting over from scratch

Edited by SheepDog2142

@JonnyOThan

Just discovered this for the enhanced probe controlled room and I'm loving it!

One small request though, could you add the MAS ALCOR MFD2 to the flight director's station? I really like it for it's maneuver node editing options.

Screenshot from SABS iva for mk2 inline cockpit for reference.

mFqNTc8.png

Edited by Errol

3 hours ago, Errol said:

@JonnyOThan

Just discovered this for the enhanced probe controlled room and I'm loving it!

One small request though, could you add the MAS ALCOR MFD2 to the flight director's station? I really like it for it's maneuver node editing options.

Screenshot from SABS iva for mk2 inline cockpit for reference.

mFqNTc8.png

I do believe there are some MAS variants; make sure you have reviva to select the room you want per probe.

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I do believe there are some MAS variants; make sure you have reviva to select the room you want per probe.

I do have reviva, and I'm able to switch IVAs just fine. What I'm looking for is a way to create and execute maneuver nodes from inside the probe control room, preferably from flight directors desk and not from one of the large MFDs at the front. This particular prop, the MAS ALCOR MFD2 includes an excellent maneuver node sub screen, and I think it would be more useful than the old, original rpm MFDs that are currently there in your KSA_MissionControl.

(The old rpm MFDs are broken for me right now too, but that is beside the point and I believe has to do with the new deffered lighting mod from blackrack and it's require patched version of RPM)

Edited by Errol

1 hour ago, Errol said:

This particular prop, the MAS ALCOR MFD2 includes an excellent maneuver node sub screen,

It should be possible to make a MM patch that globally replaces the RPM aset MFD with the MAS one (or maybe there's an optional patch in MAS that already does this).

Hi,

I've been playing with this mod for a few days not, but i keep fighting some problems, and have been looking around for fixes and don't seem to find any help

I'm using a ton of mods, but the most relevant for the issues i'm having might be FreeIVA, Through the Eyes of a Kerbal, KerbTrack, Reviva, DE_IVAExtension, Old school NASA-style Probe Control Room IVA  and RemoteTech (if i should provide full modlist let me know)

So the problems:

1 - Sometimes the text of the action groups and a few other knobs gets jumbled up like in the image: Screenshot1.png

2 - I can't switch seats, tried the V key, Alt-V, double click on the kerbal, nothing works

3 - Is this mod incompatible with RemoteTech? I can't control probes with the knobs and switches if i have RT installed (it shows the staging locked and the onlock button and staging doesn't work, only if i also install Probe Control Enabler which kinda defeats the purpose of RT), and i already tried without RT and then it works, but is there a way to keep both mods active?

Thanks ahead for the help!

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Raiden94 said:

Sometimes the text of the action groups and a few other knobs gets jumbled up like in the image: 

If you can isolate the series of steps that cause this I’d appreciate it.

I’m not aware of any issues with remotetech.  Can you post your KSP.log somewhere?

Make sure the V key is still bound in your game settings.

Edited by JonnyOThan

Hey thanks a lot for the quick reply!

I can't be sure what causes the text to be like that, sometimes i launch a craft and there's no problem, sometimes it's like that, and even if i go to map view and back to PCR that happens.

Of course, here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OnS3-nJIteYAQbEi6qBtN52w34xFxJoB/view?usp=drive_link

I was also going to send a .txt with the modlist, then realised that info is part of the log.

Yes the V key is still bound, and it works just fine on aircrafts IVA for example.

Is there a way to add to the mode some code that forces the game to allow IVA on probe cores? As it seems IVA keeps getting disabled for my probe cores. If possible a safety check to force IVA on them would be really helpful.

Ok so the problem with switching seats was indeed the V key not being bound, it's weird that it worked on plane IVA's though...

The other 2 issues still persist though, so your help your be appreciated.

I checked and even in stock PCR i can't operate the displays if RemoteTech is enabled.

Anyway thanks for the help so far

1 hour ago, SheepDog2142 said:

Is there a way to add to the mode some code that forces the game to allow IVA on probe cores? As it seems IVA keeps getting disabled for my probe cores. If possible a safety check to force IVA on them would be really helpful.

I’d need more details. Its always supposed to be available.

On 7/14/2024 at 4:19 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Ill give you anything I can but he iva view is not available on a probe core. It acts as if its not there. I read that in Free IVA and Quick IVA they have flags that if there is not kerbal present than it disables IVA. Since both are used allot with this mod it Might be good to have a patch or a flag somewhere that stops if no kerbal flag. Hopefully im explaining it to where it makes since.

Edited by SheepDog2142

On 7/14/2024 at 4:19 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Ok been doing some testing and even created a patch to force add iva back in on 0 crew probe core parts but its still having the no crew issue. I checked and everything is installed correctly. For some reason its just loosing the view or thinking it needs crew. 

[LOG 12:44:03.213] Key pressed - Camera Mode Change - No crew
[LOG 12:44:03.304] Cannot find InternalPart 'MissionControl'
[ERR 12:44:03.304] Cannot add an InternalPart: Cannot find internal of name 'MissionControl'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIXED! 
It was janitors closet purging the probe control room .mu space file even though I did not tell it to purge anything relating to probe control room.

Edited by SheepDog2142

On 7/14/2024 at 5:20 PM, JonnyOThan said:

If you can isolate the series of steps that cause this I’d appreciate it.

I’m not aware of any issues with remotetech.  Can you post your KSP.log somewhere?

Make sure the V key is still bound in your game settings.

Hey @JonnyOThan do you have any idea why i have the incompatibility with RT and PCR? Thanks!

The buggy letters were fixed updating mods to the latest version, so the only issue i still have it that...