Delta-V Calculation/Display Bug

Scarecrow71

So I did some basic testing this morning on the launchpad, and none of the capsules I tested had any engines on them at all.  And although there were no engines, I am getting dV readouts.  At first I thought this was perhaps due to Bill having a jet pack, or perhaps the capsule having monopropellant.  But it's not consistent, so my guess is that something in the code is causing this to read/calculate/display incorrectly.  A few screenshots!  First up, the Mk1 Explorer with nothing attached to it showing dV of 3000 m/s.

mKFzvdX.png

In the next 2 shots, I've got parts attached to this capsule.  In the first one, all I have are a pair of radial drogue chutes, while in the second I have a TD-12, a small methalox tank and a ladder.  And neither of them has a dV readout.

XamHeBX.png

jiSOjgR.png

I next tested the Mk1 Tin Can with the same 3 setups:  one with nothing attached, one with radial chutes, one with the decoupler/tank/ladder.  And the same result as the above.

A9QXzZe.png

VcDHDBT.png

y7iFAx9.png

As you can see, we are getting a dV readout of 3000 m/s when nothing is attached to the capsule, but when we start attaching parts the dV readout is simply blank.  In all cases, because there are no engines attached to the craft, I would expect the dV readout to be 0.

2 minutes ago, modus said:

In this screenshot, you have a message in red (lost control or whatever). I have that for everything I launch. It doesn't seem to do or mean anything? So what's up with that?

That's...a really good question.  I didn't notice that when I was testing because I was entirely focused on EVA and could I get out of the capsule.  And then the dV thing caught my eye.  It's probably intended due to the fact that Bill left the capsule; he no longer has control over it.  But why didn't it show up in the other shots?  Delayed timing, perhaps?

6 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

That's...a really good question.  I didn't notice that when I was testing because I was entirely focused on EVA and could I get out of the capsule.  And then the dV thing caught my eye.  It's probably intended due to the fact that Bill left the capsule; he no longer has control over it.  But why didn't it show up in the other shots?  Delayed timing, perhaps?

This is actually the first time I had the chance to read what it actually says:D

Funny, because it also get it when I launch unmanned stuff. Will check later if it's in fact the same message.