[0.17][pod] TjitteP. Industries -- NEW MPL interplanetary pod RELEASED!

tjitte

what should be on the front seat  

1. 1. what should be on the front seat

• a map and miniature mapfiew
    • the same stuff as in the rear seat
    • no kerbal, instead a ****load of feul
    • a clasic round, radar
    • monitors that show images of camera's you place around the craft

VvNe0.png

the MPL pod is a command module that's designed for interplanetary, long duration missions.

the pod houses 2 kerbals and loads of living space and privacy for your kerbals:)

bESN9.png

fcZb4.png

V4cEa.png

Download!

functions.php?landing=mod_infographics&target=mod_signature&id=63

- no internal isntruments

-more interior detaitail

-a photo of pinup-girl

-instuments

I'm proud to release my first mod:

the super advanced twin-seat space plane pod! the pod features 2 seats, one for steering and fling the craft, the front seat will feature a navigation function, for seeing orbital information and a map of the orbiting planet, much like the isa mapsat mod in the future.

0bvew.png

uWkui.png

uGYys.png

9is7B.jpg

iVllG.jpg

Download

unity folder:

http://www./?z7xz9reo5hjhtuf

part folder:

functions.php?landing=mod_infographics&target=mod_signature&id=64

-no fungtional frontseat

-hatch not wurking- fixed by TouhouTorpedo

-fixing bugs

-costum prop's for the frontseat(help, mabe?)

-better external texture and shader

here is a tutarial for building internals:D

Edited by tjitte

This looks cool, I have a question though, why is the pilot seat in the rear?

I know that in really old planes (WW1 stuff) the pilot would sit in the back as the control cables couldn't easily be routed around the cockpit, so the guy in front was the navigator, though I think he got to drop bombs over the side as well.

Once better flight controls were possible, like with electrical signals and stuff, the cable touting was no longer an issue and the pilot was moved to the front so he could see better, a useful thing when you are steering :)

That was my first plan, but to fit the front kerbals head in, i needed to lower it, so now when you are in the front you cant see a ****. so im putting the adcanced stu in there :)

What issue are you having with the hatch? I recently worked on a mod with hatch and ladder working and I know your pain, but if you tell the problem might be able to find you a solution.

If its "Hatch Obstructed" you need to have a mesh with physics mesh collider added and with concave ticked.

I'll have a look a bit later at the unity project.

This looks cool, I have a question though, why is the pilot seat in the rear?

I know that in really old planes (WW1 stuff) the pilot would sit in the back as the control cables couldn't easily be routed around the cockpit, so the guy in front was the navigator, though I think he got to drop bombs over the side as well.

Once better flight controls were possible, like with electrical signals and stuff, the cable touting was no longer an issue and the pilot was moved to the front so he could see better, a useful thing when you are steering :)

I think you forgot that most parts that Kermans use are from the junk yard so the cockpit might be from the Kerman version of WW1

Hm... well there was some obvious problems with the ladder and hatch, which is the angles were wrong. Blue axis points to the side the kerbal climbs, and green axis points the direction he'll be climbing in. Also you only use the upper transform options, not the box collider ones, to position the collider.

However after doing that, even with changing collider type and a stupid size ladder and hatch box, nothing is happening.

Whereabouts is the origin point on your 3D model? That could be part of the issue. If the origin isn't in the middle of the geometry things can play up.

EDIT : moved the model down so the origin in unity was in the approximate center of the model, then look what happened:

screenshot66.png

Just gonna try and let it put that ladder closer now, and perhaps this'll get somewhere.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

Okay I've finished tweaking it so your hatch and ladder work, heres the result:

screenshot69.png

Tweaks were:

-Corrected orientation of the ladder and hatch

-Removed local transforms on the box colliders and repositioned with parent transforms

-Moved the mesh for the body downward so the origin was inside the part

-edited CFG appropiately so the attach was still in the same place

-changed ladder and hatch collider sizes

unity folder:

http://www./?z7xz9reo5hjhtuf

part folder:

http://www./?r99vf7v7gmqq7aq

I suspect your problem with the front IVA may be related to the origin position. Refer to what I've done in the "Block" scene to the external parts and shift the internal parts appropiately, that may solve the issues you're having.

Good luck with the extra bits. Thanks loads for uploading your unity folder though, I will be picking at this over the coming days to work out how to do one myself. Hopefully you don't mind PM's full of questions!

Nice job! Must have been quite the challenge. If you are continuing to make more of these, I would suggest making a lander cockpit that you can place on top of a lander but has a horizontal view (LEM-style), but this is only a suggestion/challenge :)

Nice job! Must have been quite the challenge. If you are continuing to make more of these, I would suggest making a lander cockpit that you can place on top of a lander but has a horizontal view (LEM-style), but this is only a suggestion/challenge :)

i'l make a landing pod now, not realy LEM style, more kind of a house on legs :)

very nice

but i'm having difficulty joining parts to it

the green ball to join stuff together doesn't appear on it

also i wish that we could see from both seat perspective

because it gets a bit annoying with that big green partially bold Kerbal head always in your face

but never the less a very good mod well deserving of a look

also, probably the first mod that uses the new IVA function

i hope to see more

very nice

but i'm having difficulty joining parts to it...

...also, probably the first mod that uses the new IVA function

i hope to see more

i will fix it after the MPL is released:)