Steering the rocket/plane with WASD and staging with Space-bar stops working after a while

TheArturro

Hi,

when playing the game for 5 times, I encountered the following bug 3 times:

After a while of normal gameplay the vessel stops responding to steering via WASD keys or staging via Space. It can still be controlled via SAS directions (Prograde, Radial In etc.) and staged via the green button. The game however still "sees" the keyboard as pressing "B" does turn on the brakes. Reverting to VAB/Launch does not help. Only quitting the game and running it again fixes the issue.

UPDATE: The staging with "space" problem also occurs after doing an EVA.

KSP Version: 0.1.0.0.20892

PC specs: 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F

RAM: HyperX DDR4 16 GB

GPU: ASUS ROG RTX 3070 Ti, DRIVERS:  GeForce Game Ready 528.02

SSD:  Samsung 1TB M.2 NVMe 980 (over 150GB free space)

Expected behavior: Vessels can be controlled by using WASD and staged using Space.

Observed behavior: Vessels sometimes stop responding to WASD and Space commands after a while of gameplay. They can still be controlled using mouse (SAS directions, green button for staging).

Steps to replicate:

1. Launch game and create/load save
  2. Build a vessel and launch it
  3. Keep flying it

Workaround: Quitting the game and restarting it. Reverting to VAB/Launch does not help.  UPDATE: Using "Delete" key fixes steering with WASD problem. Problem with staging using "Space" still persists. The only workaround for staging is using mouse and green button.

Mods: None

Other notes: The game however still "sees" the keyboard as pressing "B" does turn on the brakes.

Edited by TheArturro
Update

11 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

It seems that sometimes the vessel gets put into Docking Mode (in which case the IJKL keys can be used for attitude control). The default toggle for Docking Mode is the Delete key. Next time this happens, try hitting Delete and seeing if that helps.

Thank you for your answer. I think I tried using Delete key, but I will try it again for sure if I enconter this issue again.

UPDATE:

Delete key fixes the problem with WASD steering but not with Space staging. 

I also noticed that the staging with "space" problem occurs after going on an EVA. The only workaround I've found i using mouse and green button to stage.