Mun: strange object spotted (no Munar Arch, Memorial, Munolith)

Bekiekutmoar

I was in orbit around the Mun at around 140 km altitude when I saw something what appeared to be on the surface. I expected a Munar Arch or Armstrong Memorial or something like that, got into IVA modus and zoomed in. It looked like a beam-shaped thing that was in a prograde orbit around the equator of the Mun.

Object visible as a bright dot at the right center of the pic.

8x3pyf.png

Now a tiny dark dot between two darker areas in the center of this pic. (Exactly right from stage 2 icon)

29wqrd3.png

Dark dot above darker area (again, exactly right from stage 2 icon but closer)

35ch5c7.png

Well, a ship designed for observation (cockpit with large windows for IVA) is en route. I'm aiming for orbital altitude of around 70 km ...

Would you be interested in a tiny hint that won't spoil the location for you or would you rather not have it?

I'm telling the truth here, you might be searching for ages for this "thing" if it is what I expect it to be.

Good find though, I currently haven't found "it" as of yet and only a few people have,

Well, a small hint wouldn't hurt I think ... ! I gotta say I thought about a graphical glitch first.

It could be a Mun Arch, graphical glitch or something similar but if it is the "thing" that I think it is then I can tell you that it doesn't stay in Munar orbit and doesn't have any noticeable, as of yet, pattern to follow.

So, the hint is "The thing doesn't stay in one place, it travels all around the Solar System".

If it's a graphical error or Mun arch I apologize but this hint still references to something in the game currently.

I was going to post something similar. Got a space plane to do a flyby of the Mun. Saw 2 arches and then as I went to the dark side I saw what I first thought was another craft due to its speed moving towards and underneath me. It appeared to be moving separately from the surface but after a while it started to look like a sun lit arch visible through the Mun.

screenshot50.png

screenshot50_1.png

Maybe the same thing?

Looks like it ... ! If it can travel the entire solar system, you'd say its a sentient being or something artificial. I just flew another rocket to the Mun and saw the object again.

I am led to believe that the object is in fact a graphical issue or Mun arch, unless you can get in closer, I did say I might be wrong. The thing I was talking about is something else you can accidently find however.

I wish Nova would tell the path of MAGIC *cough*

Magic boulder. I think its just a rock around a low Munar orbit.

It's more that a rock around Munar orbit. It's been seen around Duna and one of Jool's moons, too. One of the first people who found it, Cosmo-not (who isn't telling any more) made a post about how it reduced delta-v requirements. There are also close-up pictures of it. Also, Kerbals can apparently crash into it and die, from one of Nova's posts during 0.17 development.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.