Bop collider not working properly

XavBell

• Windows 11
  • i9-11900k, RTX 3050
  • Description of the bug.  
    • When landing on Bop, there should be a more accurate collision detection.
    • When trying to land on Bop's massive crater, there was no collision (hence went back up), moreover as you get closer to Bop massive crater the altitude relative to the ground became negative (which shouldn't be the case). I tried to land elsewhere (on the crater's ridge) and was able to, however the collision was off. When I EVA with my Kerbal to plant a flag, I was unable as it was like if the Kerbal was flying. I even do a bit of RCS flight to attempt to find a spot (mountains) but everywhere the collider seemed to be off, hence, wasn't able to plant my little flag. 
  • Steps to Replicate: Build a ship that have sufficient dV to go to Bop, go in orbit of Kerbin, go in orbit of Jool, go in orbit of Bop by retrograding straight to an encounter with bop after making orbital angle corrections. 

I would've like to attach the PlayerLog File, however it's so long, I was unable, if someone know how, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

I experienced this same bug. At higher altitudes, I had no problem landing, if you don't count the fact that sliding down the insane slopes was necessary for a very long time.

When you're down near that crater, often the altimeter correctly reads how high you are above where the ground seems to be... but!
Once you get within, I'd say, about 100m of the ground, the altimeter suddenly changes, registering you as being far below "sea" and ground level. If you fly back up above where the terrain appears to be, the altimeter then does return to normal, until you try to land and the same thing occurs again.

Bop is such a funky body, I can't wait to properly explore it!