High System Usage while in a Menu screens

Fallenak

KSP Version: Steam

Operating System and version : Windows 11

CPU and GPU models, any other system information which could be relevant: 5950X and 4090, both water cooled, stock clocks

Description of the bug.: When I was sitting in the selection menu that overlooks KSC, system temps were steadily creeping up. I usually idle anywhere from 82*F to 88*F in the main menu. Temps were reaching over 104*F just idling. And it never hits that high while actually flying around either. 

Expected Behavior: Lowish gpu utilization 10-20%?

Observed Behavior: KSC menu, 75% or more just at that menu, and the main menu is at 50-ish%

Steps to Replicate: sit at the menu screens. used onboard Nvidia performance overlays to view.

Fixes / Workarounds (if known..)

A list of ALL mods.  If the list is long, please consider using a spoiler window.: 0

Other Notes / Screenshots / Log Files (if possible..)

My frame limit is 165 FPS due to my monitor. And I checked the fps on the screens and it was hovering around 60FPS. I checked Nvidia experience to see if there was a setting I was missing, and there was not.

On 3/7/2023 at 1:57 AM, Fallenak said:

KSP Version: Steam

that's not it, KSP2 version is written in menu side-panel (lower part of UI)

On 3/7/2023 at 1:57 AM, Fallenak said:

75% or more just at that menu, and the main menu is at 50-ish%

I can confirm that GPU usage (and hence temperature) rises in menus visible on screen for prolonged time

11 hours ago, MehJeb said:

that's not it, KSP2 version is written in menu side-panel (lower part of UI)

I can confirm that GPU usage (and hence temperature) rises in menus visible on screen for prolonged time

In regards to the version of the game, there should only be one version on steam as far as I am aware of. The devs should know which build that is. I would quote a bit more concisely, but I am replying via mobile and cannot be asked to attempt it. Hahah

6 hours ago, Fallenak said:

there should only be one version on steam as far as I am aware of

right now, yes... they look into future - when someone is reporting a bug from 0.1.0 - 2xxxx and a newer version (say 0.1.1 - 3yyyy) has already been released, that is the only point of this request; also many bugs do not require filling this field (as we would definitely see when something as major as this or that is fixed) but since you are using devs' form with version number - it is in lower left corner of ESC menu (also you may right-click KSP2.exe - select Properties - and it all version fields are there without needing to start the game itself