“Pumping Sim Once”

When creating a new campaign, the loading screen gets stuck and eventually crashes at the same point every time, “Pumping Sim Once”. I’ve ran through every possible solution I could find online (including but not limited to min graphics settings, updating drivers, updating windows, not adding a campaign name, etc.) and it seems as though a lot of people are having issues here. 

I sent an email to Private Division Support and they acknowledged it and requested I post here as well. 

I have not been able to play a single minute of KSP2 yet due to this. Hoping for a fix in the first patch.

Maybe it would be best to also write your specs alongside your post. With that being said, I have no idea what might be causing this :( Does something show up in the windows Event Viewer when KSP2 crashes? You might find some clues there.

One of us! One of us!

You're not alone, there's a small pocket of people who are affected by this, there's a thread in Bug Reports about it: 

Unfortunately, if you already tried the proposed measures and none worked for you, there is not solution at the time. They know about this issue and we expect it to be solved in a patch (or should I say update?) soonish.

As far as I've read around, there is not a fixed set of rules for it to appear, I've seen people have it with either strong and weak hardware. Most probably there's nothing wrong with your hardware, just... welcome to the bad luck room, it's cozy and calm here.

Edited by Haustvindr

The problem is this bug is preventing people from playing the game at all, Making it a wasted 50$. I pray they fix this problem Asap before people start assuming it cannot be fixed. Im running superior specs and still same issue. Very very unfortunate for us big KSP fans.

6 hours ago, DankNate said:

The problem is this bug is preventing people from playing the game at all, Making it a wasted 50$. I pray they fix this problem Asap before people start assuming it cannot be fixed. Im running superior specs and still same issue. Very very unfortunate for us big KSP fans.

The issue dosent solved till now for me even after updating the game,  the game crashed and closed on loading screen after creatingnew campaign.

Unfortunately Can't play it .

Any one can advice ?

Or solve this problem after the first patch ? 

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been having this issue. I bought the game hoping to play, and sometimes i can, its weird. i will get in after two or three crashes and naturally there's the lag issues with the abundance of resources on kerbin, but if im in the map view i get a full 30 chillin. have been able to complete missions in the map view. but if i leave its a question if ill ever get back in, Code in loading screen reading Pumping Sim once. Super stoked to get to see what my favorite space sim has turned into one day.... :)

Re install? maybe try restarting too? something up with software. happened to me too, so i turned off my new pc, and deleted ksp 2.

re loaded it and it worked fine (as in, happened to me too, it just crashed when i loaded a campain). oh and try storage. maybe you are at the maximum storage so the game cannot get past that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.