No update this weekend.

RaBDawG

5 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

Watching THOSE videos, the ads inserted by YouTube were slick, commercially-produced KSP2 ads. 

Okay,  aaaaand now you sparked my curiosity. Do you know if they are avilable somewhere? I'd like to see them! :D

Edited by Haustvindr
Forum duplicated the message

46 minutes ago, Haustvindr said:

I think you misunderstood.

There was certainly hype for the EA, but it was hype built by ourselves, in the very own community. I don't know about you, but I didn't see even one advertisement for KSP2 yet. Maybe if you count Steam own highlights that popup when starting the program we could count 1 ad, but I seriously don't remember seeing it there either.

Either way, you are talking about hype before launching the EA. I'm talking about using an EA to build hype for the release. That's something that studios do nowadays, and it is annoyingly common, but sadly it works.

They bought a frontpage fullscreen banner on the steam storefront for EA launch. I don't think the community put that there.

A large number of posts containing off-topic remarks, personal remarks, and outright bickering devolving into argument have been removed.

Constructive discussion is the lifeblood of the forum.  Personal remarks and arguments are not.  If you are upset about a post you read please do not let the emotion provoke you into making such remarks.

Since this thread has derailed and seems unlikely to produce productive discussion it will remain locked.

Thank you for your understanding,
Forum Moderation Team