No update this weekend.

RaBDawG

4 hours ago, K^2 said:

I don't know where you're getting an expectation for a faster turnaround, but it's not from anything resembling a real world of a mid-size studio. 2 weeks of work + 1 week of testing is fast-tracking it.

3 patches have been released already for a game that came out at the same time with KSP. Sons of the Forest

2 minutes ago, BobbyDausus said:

3 patches have been released already for a game that came out at the same time with KSP. Sons of the Forest

But we don't know how long they had been working on them.

It wasn't unusual for KSP1 to have next day patches either.  But I suspect KSP2 is a different beast, and they really need to ensure that this patch works, and doesn't break anything else at the very least.

25 minutes ago, BobbyDausus said:

They have almost half the team size too

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Oh hey - something was changed (it's like pressing a save button in a cloud repository) but not so far the people who paid for this could use it. 

I just rewatched some older videos from their yt channel and love how they all tell you that they love to play the game and everything is so awesome - eventhough you can't get a simple rocket into orbit without flying a space noodle. Do they have another game that they play? and the released one was just the wrong version? and can I please have access to the version the devs have fun playing with because it clearly isn't the EA version? At this point they should release patches hourly just to show that they are doing something - Steam can handle dev branches - so hourly builds shouldn't be a problem at all.

12 minutes ago, -dbv- said:

I just rewatched some older videos from their yt channel and love how they all tell you that they love to play the game and everything is so awesome - eventhough you can't get a simple rocket into orbit without flying a space noodle. Do they have another game that they play? and the released one was just the wrong version? and can I please have access to the version the devs have fun playing with because it clearly isn't the EA version? 

As a prank about a year ago, someone put KSP1 with some visual enhancement mods on their machines, and they thought thier jobs were already finished, so they took the last year off.   Only realized a week before release that it wasn't KSP2.

I don't get what the fuss is all about. You don't like it? There's a refund option. Fair trial. Take it or leave it, but for the love of God, stop whining about it.

"The food I ate was so bad that even my dog wouldn't touch it"

Edited by cocoscacao

10 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

"The food was rushed and undercooked! The food took too long to get to us!" is the vibe I am currently getting from this fandom, which only seems to care about development flamingo-ups so long as the developers aren't squad.

more like, the starter course was raw, still waiting for drinks.

2 hours ago, BobbyDausus said:

I actually decided not to get SOTF at launch because I thought I would bee too busy on KSP2, but since then I rectified that mistake and steam now say I play that 3x more than KSP2

11 hours ago, Stoup said:

And besides, for short little tidbits of info like that, would it really be appropriate to create new forum threads?

Yes, yes it would. There’s an entire Announcement sub-forum at the top of the main forum interface. Post a status post there, and pin it to the top. 

The official explanantion as to why they don't try to pump out ore updates faster makes total sense to me. They don't want to hop from patch to patch until eventually in a couple years they're finished. Instead they have the grand scheme of things in mind. This means they already "see" the finished game and they want / have to get there asap. More updates means more time spent on polish and QA with all the feedback that arises from it. Less time to actually fix bugs and add features. 

So from their perspective working on fewer bigger updates makes more efficient use of their limited dev time. We should respect that. One bigger update every 2-3 weeks is totally fine with me.  Better than one update every 2-3 months. Sure, for the first update maybe they could've sped things up a bit to show the early player "we're here, and we're fixing it", but it won't really matter in the long run.  If you're that easily annoyed by a game maybe early access is not the right thing for you.

It's really hard to understand why people get so emotional about it. I "understand" the trolls who just want to hurt the company for no particular reason, they're just dumb and bored, but not actual players who want to enjoy the game. If you want to enjoy it now but can't, just wait. It doesn't cost a daim.

Edited by kicka55

58 minutes ago, kicka55 said:

The official explanantion as to why they don't try to pump out ore updates faster makes total sense to me. They don't want to hop from patch to patch until eventually in a couple years they're finished. Instead they have the grand scheme of things in mind. This means they already "see" the finished game and they want / have to get there asap. More updates means more time spent on polish and QA with all the feedback that arises from it. Less time to actually fix bugs and add features. 

So from their perspective working on fewer bigger updates makes more efficient use of their limited dev time. We should respect that. One bigger update every 2-3 weeks is totally fine with me.  Better than one update every 2-3 months. Sure, for the first update maybe they could've sped things up a bit to show the early player "we're here, and we're fixing it", but it won't really matter in the long run.  If you're that easily annoyed by a game maybe early access is not the right thing for you.

It's really hard to understand why people get so emotional about it. I "understand" the trolls who just want to hurt the company for no particular reason, they're just dumb and bored, but not actual players who want to enjoy the game. If you want to enjoy it now but can't, just wait. It doesn't cost a daim.

The issue with this train of thought is that they won't be able to get to the finish line if the game is broken the whole time.  The developers need to strike a balance between pushing out patches to fix the obvious bugs and working on the roadmap stuff to get the game to a finished state.  Prioritizing one over the other, regardless of direction, means the whole is compromised.

Large features should come when previous version is stable and balanced.

Small patches can come as often as the devs want,and they can contain bugfixes and small additions (like right now we're waiting for UI improvements and whatnot, these don't have to wait until Science is there).

It's much more likely we're gonna get 0.1.1.something and possibly 0.1.2, 0.1.3 etc before 0.2 or whatever with science.

It's all down to how significant the improvements are and how many are needed.

Edited by The Aziz

7 hours ago, -dbv- said:

Oh hey - something was changed (it's like pressing a save button in a cloud repository) but not so far the people who paid for this could use it. 

I just rewatched some older videos from their yt channel and love how they all tell you that they love to play the game and everything is so awesome - eventhough you can't get a simple rocket into orbit without flying a space noodle. Do they have another game that they play?

Check your download, I think something is wrong with it. I have absolutely no problem getting something into orbit, and neither does a whole slew of youtubers and twitchers, so maybe it's your installation, or you, who is doing things wrong. Or maybe you're ignoring the fact that it's EA and you're trying to launch KSP1-style rockets? Whatever it is, they do not need another game to get into orbit without noodling.

15 hours ago, RocketRockington said:
15 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

"The food was rushed and undercooked! The food took too long to get to us!" is the vibe I am currently getting from this fandom, which only seems to care about development flamingo-ups so long as the developers aren't squad.

"The food at this 3star restaurant took 6 hours for you to make!  You told me it would be ready 3 hours ago.  You told me it would be the best meal I ever had!  That's why I kept sitting here waiting!  And it's undercooked!  And overpriced! And its worse than I can have right going to the food stand that has the food ready already!" is a more apt analogy.

"You told me the food would be ready three hours ago! I don't care that an unexploded mine under the kitchen forced you to start from scratch! It's your fault I can't refund! It's fine as long as the company messing up the food is the one I grew up with!"