Rover wheels seem better after patch 1

Sequence

Pre-patch I landed a rover on Duna, and it really struggled with slopes and was pretty slow (using RoveMax TR4 wheels). After the patch it can make much better top speeds and is climbing slopes without issues. Feels much more fun to drive around. 

i was only able to test the new style wheels (i forget what theyre called) before a weird game crash, but they were still VERY slow. a fairly light rover on the runway took minutes to get up to 32m/s and any kind of incline was a no-go. it seems like they arent making more power and lower speeds like theyre supposed to.

The truck wheels still slow down and eventually stop on Kerbin climbing slopes > 5 degrees, they need far more torque. I should be able to maintain speed up to at least 15 degrees.

On the plus side my truck isn't flying into the air with nearly the frequency it did before the patch, but I definitely continue to need the aircraft landing gear to mitigate this.

Edited by regex

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.