Parts keep falling off craft bug (after patch 1)

Chris_The_Crafter

Although I think this is a common problem, I can't find an existing thread for it so here goes: My missions are frequently ruined by parts falling off my craft for seemingly no reason. It seems to happen more often with spaceplanes, and mainly when they are in space, just coasting along. Loading a save, even a previous save, often doesn't get the parts back. The crafts behave normally in space after losing these parts, aside from losing the functionality of these parts, but after losing some canards to this bug, the craft became less aerodynamically stable instead of more stable/too stable, even with all the remaining fuels pumped forward.

my pc specs:

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400F   2.50 GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600

RAM: 16GB

Some pics of the problems: https://imgur.com/gallery/M8aMNeO   https://imgur.com/gallery/6AUk85o

I've had wings just fly off my high-performance jets on mid-G (7-8) maneuvers they were able to do just fine pre-patch.  This also instantly removes control and does the "mission destroyed" dialogue box as I helplessly watch my mostly-still-intact plane fly off into the ground in the distance.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue, I had a spaceplane capable of reaching the mun, but after the patch it falls apart on the runway or during take off, no amount of struts have fixed the issue. The one I had in orbit already before the patch when loaded would have the wings just automatically detach.

I was having problems like this with rockets and air ships. Today, I tried making a rover (a big rover), and parts with mirrored symmetric snaps are not reliably attaching to trusses. They will be fine on one side of the rover, but not the other. So I am thinking this is some sort of bug during assembly in the VAB.