Remote Mission

Ok, So I have tried to do this myself but so far have not completed it ;.; . Build a ship using the communications network and send it off to Jool. The ship needs to do some kind of SCIENCE while there, so add a camera, a rover, several rovers, or a mapping dish to it (just needs to be one thing not all of them, I am trying to do 4 rovers with cameras and a mapping dish. I wanted to drop a rover off at each moon). The real challenge here is it is almost a 10 minute trip for your communications. The ways I see to solve the problem are: 1. be very patient and do your math, calculate the burn times and positions and wait the 10 minutes. 2. Send crew with the vehicle to act as a remote command. This would be good but the crew must return after the SCIENCE is gathered for this to be a successful mission. 3. Program mechjeb to do much of the work after you leave Kerbin SOI (I have no Idea how the automate thing works but this would be the best and most real world)

Obviously this mission will require at least one mod, the remote tech mod. Other than that I don’t care what it has for fuel or engines, though kudos for closer to stock, and if you send kerbals using huge modded engines and tanks would make it a LESS interesting challenge. No instant warping or changing of files etc. Play it as if it were real. Post cool pictures of your mission and tell us about how it all went.

Let me know too if you think this is feasible without the remote command by using the mechjeb automate or if you have another plan. Perhaps land a remote command at a base on Duna? Then you could just leave your crew there. More than likely someone will get this before me. Good Luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.