[WIP] [1.12.x] HUDReplacer - (v1.2.11-beta)

UltraJohn

@Nazalassa Hey thanks! I wish there was some easy way to automate this, but unfortunately it's going to be a per-element case where I have to individually write code for every single piece of text in the game. The same goes for adding custom opacity values to textures. Actually thinking about it some more, I have a few ideas I'll have to test when I have the time to do so.

The challenge is figuring out how to dynamically link the cfg file to the text elements in game. How would the cfg files be formatted to support this? I wonder if every text element has a designated internal name, just like the textures do.. I'll see what I can come up with :D

On a side note, I have thought about changing the license of the mod, since I never really intended to use the current one, but I just picked whatever at the time to get started. Not sure how I go about that in terms of CKAN metadata. Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, UltraJohn said:

@Nazalassa Hey thanks! I wish there was some easy way to automate this, but unfortunately it's going to be a per-element case where I have to individually write code for every single piece of text in the game. The same goes for adding custom opacity values to textures. Actually thinking about it some more, I have a few ideas I'll have to test when I have the time to do so.

The challenge is figuring out how to dynamically link the cfg file to the text elements in game. How would the cfg files be formatted to support this? I wonder if every text element has a designated internal name, just like the textures do.. I'll see what I can come up with :D

On a side note, I have thought about changing the license of the mod, since I never really intended to use the current one, but I just picked whatever at the time to get started. Not sure how I go about that in terms of CKAN metadata. Anyone know?

The cfg might be like:

HUDReplacerTextColor
{
	// Generic text colors
	greenText = #004000
	lightGreenText = #008000  // See shades of green in screenshot from difficulty settings, the 5 buttons on top
	orangeText = #804000
	blueText = #000080
	limeText = #004080
	whiteText = #000000
	greyText = #505050
	barText = #0000ff  // For text in the green bars, like in a PAW or in the 'Resources' tab
	redText = #800000

PerElement
	{
		// Keys are internal element names, overrides generic colors
		elementName = #ffffff
		elementName2 = #808080
	}
}

The PerElement section (or whatever you call it) allows modders to specify a color for certain named element, such as a specific button, etc. Maybe also add a PerCategory section? Like for green-colored text on buttons.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I am taking a small break currently due to being busy with real life and work at the moment. When I have the time I will continue adding the requested features! Should hopefully be soon™.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2024 at 7:13 PM, 123sderhy1 said:

Why when I try to get the texture name in the main menu, I only get this [][][][][][][][][] I downloaded the mod through CKAN

That is just the spacer used to separate lines in the log. If you don't see any specific textures listed in between, you need to hover over your mouse on the element you want to grab (if using the hotkey D.)