Stuck in VAB, but Act's like I'm on Launch Pad, Tracking Station, etc...

Dying2PlayGames

Hello,

So I built a 372 part rocket for interstellar stuff, like I see in videos etc, and after building it, strutted everything, used launch clamps for stability, then when ready clicked LAUNCH from the VAB, loading screen like normal, but then it brings

me right back to the VAB except the UI is like I'm at the Launch Pad, then I hear explosions everywhere, then it says my rocket is destroyed. I'll hit ESC and nothing shows, I'm just stuck in that view. I have to hard shut down the game. Tried loading the rocket from the Launch Pad instead, but does the same thing. THEN tried a lower count part rocket but did the same thing... I wasn't able to get back to any launch pad no matter what I did different, ended up just uninstalling until the next patch. PLEASE look into this, and hope it is remedied by the upcoming patch. SOON I'm hoping. The game is amazing, and so much fun, when it isn't driving us insane, lol... Keep up the great work, I have faith in you! 

Edited by Anth12

• 3 weeks later...

Can replicate this bug.  

Repro steps:

First, use this save file.  I anonymized my campaign name and the ThumbnailPath, so put in whatever's needed there.  "KS Iason" is the ship in question where I've noticed the bad behavior.  Load it with Kerbals and launch it, and you will likely replicate the bad behavior.  VAB objects stay manipulable in game, whereas the UI changes to launch or wherever else it thinks you're going.  Only way out is Alt-F4.

Other things to mention are that the VAB seems to go very wonky before this happens . . . rotation UI spawning on the floor, parts not being able to be thrown away properly, part icons hanging around the cursor, etc.  More importantly, the autosave/craft save also is borked . . . when I Alt-F4 to exit and re-launch, none of the work I'd done exists in any reachable save. 

System Info:
Windows 11 Build 22H2 
Intel Core i9-12900   2.40 GHz
32GB RAM
RTX 3080

KSP2 Build 0.1.2.0.22258