1. 1. Should i try it with cockpits?

• Yes, make revamped parts to look like vintage
    • Yes, make new cockpits
    • All of the above
    • No (i suck at python)
  2. 2. Should i try making solid fuel?

• Yes, make tanks
    • No, too hard for you
    • Yes, and make extra engines too (PLEASE NO)
    • For your sake, no.
  3. 3. (This one decides the one i do)

• Yes, cockpits
    • Solid fuel galore!
    • No, you said you suck at python
    • Both! Both!

• 1 month later...

@Dunas Only Moon Hi. Here are a few points for you to consider:

• Decide for yourself what you want for your gameplay the most, whether the soonest or you will use the most in the long term. Use this for the priority of the parts you ultimately want to make.
  • Start small. Make a tank, a nose, a wing, a structural adapter or a utility with simple shape for the crafts that you like to build the most (like a better RTG for a nuclear ship or a heatshield with an odd shape or a 1.25m resource converter of some kind).
  • Expect to spend a lot of time on these parts. Iterating, revising and redoing is a thing you'll have to deal with and you might actually enjoy.
  • Get good at these then make something a little flashier and more challenging like a wing and elevon, a better looking resource converter or a wheel. Or you can jump right into making crewed parts and their IVAs like some other part makers.
  • Since you really like SolidFuel for some reason, make simple shaped engines. They're not scary like you may think but you can get sucked into how much detail they might demand, and making engines for every occasion.
  • Parts don't need you to learn Python or other real programming languages... unless you want them to have some behavior that doesn't exist in the stock modules such as tanks visibly changing according to how full they are.
  • Either learn to make your own textures or divide your models into meshes per surface color with multiple procedural materials. This latter bit can be a tax on KSP's performance but it's better than ending up leaning on and finding someone to texture your parts for you. You won't enjoy being in that place.

• 4 months later...

You know how they say Rome wasn't built in a day? The same principle applies to modding things.

No one can tell you what you should do; that decision is entirely up to you. However, starting small and building up piece by piece may be better than jumping in the deep end. Or for a more contemporary simile:

Sure, you can try to learn calculus without knowing algebra, but it's like building a house on sand.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.