Flight Plan [0.10.6 for KSP2 v0.2.0+]

schlosrat

I apologize if this is already written somewhere and I have glossed over it, but: transfer from moon to moon (e.g. Vall to Bop) is not yet implemented or is that one of the bugs that are currently open?

I am either missing something or found a bug...I just installed the latest version of the mod. I wanted to set up a resonant orbit to deploy some comms sats at Duna. I set the number of sats to deploy and the number of orbits. I click on the create button, and bam, I get a node...but, there is no dV shown in the node. Just for completeness, the current vessel is currently in a stable circular orbit, 1100km AP, 1098km PE. The system does report that I need to increase my AP to 1700. Since the maneuver node was set, I tried using the maneuver node tool (the mod) and setting the AP to 1700km, but the orientation is backward...when I tried to do the burn, my PE decreased, and the AP stayed the same. In addition to Flight plan I have these mods installed:
Alarm Clock (AlarmClock 1.2.1)
BepInEx (BepInEx 1:1.9.2)
Cheats Menu (CheatsMenu 1.2.0)
Commlines (Commlines 1.1.0)
Community Fixes (CommunityFixes 0.12.0)
Community Resources (CommunityResources 0.2.2)
Docking Alignment Display (DockingAlignmentDisplay 0.4.3)
Hide Orbits (HideOrbits 0.5.0)
I Wish They Made UI Customizable (IWishTheyMadeUICustomizable 0.3.2)
K2-D2 (K2D2 v0.12.3)
Kerbal Life Hacks (KerbalLifeHacks 1.2.1)
Kerbal Notebook (KerbalNotebook 0.1.0)
Kerbonaut Manager (KerbonautManager 0.2.3)
Maneuver Node Controller (ManeuverNodeController 1.2.0)
MapView Focus and Targeting (MapViewFocusTargeting 1.0.1)
Micro Engineer (MicroEngineer 1.7.1)
Node Manager (NodeManager 0.7.3)
Orbital Survey (OrbitalSurvey 0.9.1)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.11.0)
Premonition For SpaceWarp (PremonitionForSpaceWarp 0.2.0)
Probably Askew (ProbablyAskew 0.2.0)
Shadow Utility LIB (ShadowUtilityLIB 0.0.9)
SpaceWarp (SpaceWarp 1.9.2)
The Nuclear Option (TheNuclearOption 0.3.1)
UITK for KSP 2 (UITKforKSP2 2.4.2)

and I am running on the latest game version.

Edited by Michel Bartolone
Dupicate text included

I just want to say thank you for this mod! It doesn't do everything perfectly yet (I mean, it says experimental right there on the tin for some features), but it makes planning maneuvers a ton easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, @schlosrat. I'm not sure if I am doing something incorrectly, or if vessel rendezvous isn't working as intended. I have tried a couple of time now and something weird happens once I execute the node.

I have two vessels in orbit around Kerbin. One vessel at 150k circularized, and the second vessel at 302km circularized. The second vessel was put into the 300km orbit as Flight Plan suggested. After circularization is achieved, I move into the Hohman Transfer, but no matter what I do, or where I make the node, the intercept points are always across from each other on opposite ends. Not a big deal, I use node controller and tweak the node to where I need it to perform the rendezvous intercept, typically under 5 orbits. After executing with K2D2 and I travel around Kerbin, the intercept points move, like I didn't have them lined up. I create a new node and perform an additional Hohman Transfer, and still get the same results. Outside of doing the node 100% manually, I cannot get the intercept nodes to line up with Flight Plan. I have not had this problem before, but it's been about a month or so since I last played with rendezvous intercepts.

If you need anything from me, please let me know and I will get it sent over. This is an awesome mod!

ETA (3 Mar 24): not sure if this is a mod problem. Performing the rendezvous completely by hand gave me the same results.

Edited by SkW3rL
Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Feature request: gradient descent for objective

While usually perform this task in Maneuver Node Controller, as a functionality, it feels more appropriate for Flight Plan

Use Case: I have a maneuver node with a vector approximately intercepting a target. (Perhaps for a variety of reasons the orbital transfer/rendezvous calcuation isn't going to work.) Right now, I'll pull up the Maneuver Node Controller window and pin the 'distance to intercept' window, and then manually adjust the vector, increasing or decreasing each component until the distance begins to increase, then cycling through the other components. It would be nice to be able to have a gradient descent tool that does that for me, tweaking the vector until the closest approach distance (may need to specify the c1 or c2 approach) is minimized. 

As an aside, this would pair nicely with my scale/magnitude suggestion in the Maneuver Node Controller thread. Rather than tweaking each vector component with possibly very different step sizes, tweaking the overall direction and magnitude of the vector may be a better basis space for the descent.