Flight Plan [0.10.6 for KSP2 v0.2.0+]

schlosrat

12 hours ago, schlosrat said:

Now if @cfloutier might be so inclined as to allow/enable K2-D2 to step on the RCS gas pedal when he runs out of regular, you would get behavior more like old school KSP1 MJ where the autopilot will do whatever is necessary and possible to help you achieve your node. As I recall with MJ, that trick only worked if RCS was turned on. Presumably, that would be the same here too.

I' didn't know that MJ did such a trick but it could be easily done. but first I need to get real thrust force the rcs actually does. I'm currently on it as it is totally neccessary for docking

Updated to 0.8.9

• Overhauled GUI to transition from IMGUI to UITK. This change improves performance in general, aligns with the direction that SpaceWarp and other mods are going, and facilitates future growth. It also looks prettier and works better.
  • Fixed a bug in the target selection code that, when targeting other vessels, could result in the active vessel being removed from the game. Now that would be bad, wouldn't it?

Updated to 0.8.10

• Fixed CreateManeuverNode so that it correctly backs off the node time based on burnOffsetFactor. Node burn vectors are now correctly rotated in the process so that the resulting nodes produce orbits closer to the desired outcome.
Edited by schlosrat

Hello, I followed the install instructions as found on the spacedock page, and did the same for all the requisite mods. However, when I run the game none of them are visible or active. None of the features or UI of anything are appearing. Is this a case of things not being updated for the latest patch, or is something else going on?

8 hours ago, Cathulhu said:

Hello, I followed the install instructions as found on the spacedock page, and did the same for all the requisite mods. However, when I run the game none of them are visible or active. None of the features or UI of anything are appearing. Is this a case of things not being updated for the latest patch, or is something else going on?

Did you add UITK as well...? I found I had the same problem until I installed it.

https://spacedock.info/mod/3363/UITK for KSP 2

Yep, @Cable Guy nailed it. FP requires SpaceWarp, and SpaceWarp requires UITKForKsp2. If you install from CKAN it should automatically take care of these dependencies for you.

if you’ve got SW 1.3 and UITKForKsp2 and it’s still not working then please ping me. You can get my attention quicker on the KSP2 Modding Society discord, but here works fine as well.

I’ll update the manual install instructions to make this clearer and call out UITKForKsp2 specifically.

Good afternoon. I seem to be having an issue, but am unsure if I am doing something wrong, as I have tried to follow your video a couple of times, the only difference being I chose Eeloo instead of Dres. After launching from Kerbin, I circularize at about 100km, in the FlightPlan app with K2D2. I then choose Eeloo as my target in app and select "Interplanetary Transfer" and create node. Just like your Dres video, the orbit lines do no line up for a perfect SOI grab. Again, I execute the burn and then warp to outside the SOI, and that is when I start having problems. The "Planet2_blue/white_50" image does not change to the "TRM_50_Ship2Celestial", not allowing me to perform the course correction, Hohmann transfers, plane changes, etc. I feel like this is probably my fault, but I am unsure. I used CKAN for installation and only have FlightPlan, K2D2, and Maneuver Node Controller (including all dependencies). I am running the most current version of the game 0.1.3.2 and all apps. Please let me know what information is needed from to assist you in troubleshooting this potential issue.

This is an awesome app with what I've been able to use, and I hope to learn what I am doing incorrectly so I can get the most out of this.

1 hour ago, SkW3rL said:

Good afternoon. I seem to be having an issue, but am unsure if I am doing something wrong, as I have tried to follow your video a couple of times, the only difference being I chose Eeloo instead of Dres. After launching from Kerbin, I circularize at about 100km, in the FlightPlan app with K2D2. I then choose Eeloo as my target in app and select "Interplanetary Transfer" and create node. Just like your Dres video, the orbit lines do no line up for a perfect SOI grab. Again, I execute the burn and then warp to outside the SOI, and that is when I start having problems. The "Planet2_blue/white_50" image does not change to the "TRM_50_Ship2Celestial", not allowing me to perform the course correction, Hohmann transfers, plane changes, etc. I feel like this is probably my fault, but I am unsure. I used CKAN for installation and only have FlightPlan, K2D2, and Maneuver Node Controller (including all dependencies). I am running the most current version of the game 0.1.3.2 and all apps. Please let me know what information is needed from to assist you in troubleshooting this potential issue.

This is an awesome app with what I've been able to use, and I hope to learn what I am doing incorrectly so I can get the most out of this.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Since making that video I've done some updates to FP and the game is on a new version, so it's possible that something is not working correctly and you're doing everything just fine. I'll make a test where I attempt to fly to Eeloo and see what happens (though going to any planet will likely reveal it if there's a problem in FP).

FYI: Essentially, what FP does to determine which tabs to show is it looks at your current situation, and especially what target you've got selected. You can't get TRM Ship2Ship if you've selected a celestial, and you can't get TRM Ship2Celestial if you've selected a vessel or a part of a vessel. You can't get either one if you don't have a target selected, and there are also some checks about what you're orbiting and what the target is orbiting. The idea is to only display tabs that make sense for your current situation, but I assume you set the target to Eeloo and just left it set that way so this shouldn't be a problem.

With the change to v 0.8.9 of FP I changed the GUI code from IMGUI to UITK, and that necessarily meant touching the part that controls which tabs are visible at any time. Given this, it's at least possible that something didn't get converted correctly and FP is not showing a tab that it should be showing for some reason. I'll know that soon enough, and if so then this will likely be a quick fix. OTOH, if I get this to work I may be able to turn it into a new video, which might be helpful to you and others as well.

Updated to v 0.8.11

Released on 2023-07-14

• Fixed issue where FlightPlan GUI would stay up when in Tracking Station, Training Center, KSC, or VAB. GUI no correctly takes itself down when in those scenes and will automatically come back up in FlightView, or Map3DView.
  • Improved target selection and burn time option dropdown menus for readability. While selecting an option the hovered option is highlighted yellow. Celestial bodies are properly indented to show orbital relationships (moons are indented under planets)
  • Restored stub functionality for Advanced Planetary Transfer. When experimental features are switched on, then the Advanced Planetary Transfer button is available. Porkchop plots are displayed properly, can be zoomed and panned, etc. NOTE: Make Node will not make an Advanced Planetary Transfer at this time - this is merely stub functionality that can be observed and played with prior to completing the full functionality.
  • Aligned FP GUI with K2-D2 a bit better for a more common look and feel.

57 minutes ago, schlosrat said:

The idea is to only display tabs that make sense for your current situation, but I assume you set the target to Eeloo and just left it set that way so this shouldn't be a problem.

You assume correctly. I didn't clear Eeloo as the target, but I also tried unselecting and reselecting Eeloo to see if that would force a new tab to display. I did have one instance last night where even though I was out of the Kerbin SOI, FP still showed as within Kerbin SOI. I saved, exited and reopened and all was good with my situation, but was still unable to perform the course correction update. Once getting into orbit of Kerbol, I tried choosing other Celestials and making a transfer burn, but it would never display properly. 

4 hours ago, SkW3rL said:

You assume correctly. I didn't clear Eeloo as the target, but I also tried unselecting and reselecting Eeloo to see if that would force a new tab to display. I did have one instance last night where even though I was out of the Kerbin SOI, FP still showed as within Kerbin SOI. I saved, exited and reopened and all was good with my situation, but was still unable to perform the course correction update. Once getting into orbit of Kerbol, I tried choosing other Celestials and making a transfer burn, but it would never display properly. 

I've found the error and have fixed it, but I need to clean up a couple of things. I'll have a fix out soon.

Edited by schlosrat

9 minutes ago, schlosrat said:

OK. 0.8.11.1 is hot off the press and available on SpaceDock. You can get it here too: https://github.com/schlosrat/FlightPlan/releases/tag/0.8.11.1

CKAN will have it soon as well, but that does take a little time for it to catch up.

Things should work much better for interplanetary travel now!

And that's done it! Thank you so much for your time and putting the fix together so quickly. Appreciate it!

Pretty sure I followed the steps, as noted in the quick trip to Minmus vid, but no joy. Have even done a new campaign with no luck. I get the status message of: "Match Planes with Minmus at AN: Solution Not Found!"

I am using CKAN for my mods.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Teesquar said:

Pretty sure I followed the steps, as noted in the quick trip to Minmus vid, but no joy. Have even done a new campaign with no luck. I get the status message of: "Match Planes with Minmus at AN: Solution Not Found!"

I am using CKAN for my mods.

Thanks for calling that to my attention! This one was a simple fix (a minor typo), so there's a new version up now. You can get it 0.8.11.2 on SpaceDock or GitHub. CKAN will most likely pick it up soon, but if you're in a hurry to get your mission back on track then feel free to grab a copy at either of these locations:

GitHub: https://github.com/schlosrat/FlightPlan/releases/tag/0.8.11.2

SpaceDock: https://spacedock.info/mod/3359/Flight Plan

19 hours ago, schlosrat said:

Thanks for calling that to my attention! This one was a simple fix (a minor typo), so there's a new version up now. You can get it 0.8.11.2 on SpaceDock or GitHub. CKAN will most likely pick it up soon, but if you're in a hurry to get your mission back on track then feel free to grab a copy at either of these locations:

GitHub: https://github.com/schlosrat/FlightPlan/releases/tag/0.8.11.2

Thanks for the quick response and fix!

1 hour ago, Teesquar said:

Thanks for the quick response and fix!

It is sincerely my pleasure! As a hobbyist mod maker, unfortunately, I don't have the time to QA things as much as I know I should - or perhaps I just don't have the patience and temperament. Getting feedback like this helps me immensely!

Update to 0.8.11.3

• Fixed an issue with handling of tabs and selected targets so that changing targets will have the correct effect on the visible tabs and selected maneuver buttons
  • Fixed an issue where the porkchop plot could be called when it shouldn't be (which was spamming the log when that happened)

GitHub: https://github.com/schlosrat/FlightPlan/releases/tag/0.8.11.3

Edited by schlosrat
fixed typo

• 5 weeks later...

Updated to 0.8.11.4

• Added check for creating a maneuver node within 30 seconds of an existing node. Previously there was no check and if the player clicked Make Node when they already have a node at the time necessary for the maneuver they're requesting Flight Plan would create the new node on top of the existing node which could result in errors in the game as nodes should never be within 1 second of each other. The limit is set to 30 seconds margin in Flight Plan because realistically you need time to orient your craft between maneuvers.
  • Updated functionality to allow access to the Advanced Interplanetary Transfer button. NOTE: These features are a UI PREVIEW that does not currently allow the creation of Advanced Interplanetary Transfer nodes, but does serve to test and demonstrate the layout and functionality for Porkchop Selection and Limited Time options.
  • Organized the Advanced Interplanetary Transfer Panel to govern what is displayed based on the Burn Option (Porkchop Selection vs. Limited Time) so that only the things needed for the respective options are present and the window size is minimized.
  • Added time input for Max Arrival Time in the Advanced Interplanetary Transfer: Limited Time panel. This takes a time input in y d h:m:s format (e.g., 1 y 425 d 5:59:59.123) and is initialized to the minimum time expected to be possible. When inputting time all possible parameters are not necessary, so if the number of years is 0, you can enter that time as 123 d 5:59:59.123, etc. The string simply needs to be parseable as a valid time in the Kerbal sense (6-hour days, years are 426 days long, etc.)
  • Improved the accuracy of the Porkchop plot in the Advanced Interplanetary Transfer: Porkchop Selection panel. The porkchop plots produced now correctly resemble those produced by Mech Jeb in KSP1 for the same initial time and planet selection.

GitHub: https://github.com/schlosrat/FlightPlan/releases/tag/0.8.11.4

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 0.8.12

• Updated for KSP2 0.1.4 compatibility. Previous versions of Flight Plan will not work correctly with KSP2 0.1.4+. You must update to this version (or later) of Flight Plan if you want to use it with KSP2 0.1.4+
  • Updated dependency on Space Warp to version 1.4.2 (same reason)
  • Updated dependency on Node Manager to version 0.6.1 (same reason)

On 9/6/2023 at 4:31 PM, Jhaxxar said:

I have Flight Plan V0.8.11.4 installed in KSP2 1.4.0 and when I look in Mods, it says it is out of date.

LOL, in the post right above yours, I announced the release of Flight Plan 0.8.12. I hope it comes as no surprise then that 0.8.11.4 is in fact out of date.

On 9/6/2023 at 5:42 PM, Jhaxxar said:

Also discovered that once I invoke it, I can not shut it down by clicking on the X in the top Right corner.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into this and see if I'm able to replicate the issue.