Saved files not fixed 100%

LeroyJenkins

[LOG 17:57:45.106] [System] ******* Log Initiated *******

[LOG 17:57:45.138] Version Info: 0.1.2.0.22258
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor  (32)
RAM: 130992
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (24340MB)
SM: 50 (Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8, ARGBInt, RGInt, RInt, BGRA32, RGB111110Float, RG32, RGBAUShort, RG16, BGRA10101010_XR, BGR101010_XR, R16
 All graphics settings at max

Multiple (4-5)  spacecraft in LKO. Reload of save game returns to last controlled vehicle, however it stages (all staging deployed) or is corrupted

Expected Behavior: With multiple spacecraft in orbit about Kerbin, all of which have 2-3 decouplers left in the staging, I save the game while in flight mode controlling one of the spacecraft. I return later, load the saved game, it loads into flight mode of the last controlled spacecraft. I expect the staging to still be intact and the view perspective to be the same as when I last saved the game.
Observed Behavior: When I load the saved game, the view perspective puts me in the middle (inside) the spacecraft, and it has been autostaged. (all decouplers are detached). The other spacecraft in LKO that were in the same saved game are all fine, its only the one that I was last controlling when I saved the game.

Patch 0.1.2.0 notes states these fixes. I don't think they are fully fixed yet.

Saving and Loading

• :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Camera now returns to saved position and orientation when game is reloaded
  • Fixed issue where reverting or loading results in disappearance of vehicle

Steps to Recreate: Plan any orbital maneuver node with a burn time duration of more than 30 seconds. Start Burn in Vehicle View, while burn is occurring switch to Map View. It also happens when starting in Map View and changing to Vehicle View.

Workaround: I haven't tried it yet, but before saving, I'd get out of Flight mode and save from KSC or the VAB, so that when the game loads again it takes me there instead of the spacecraft in orbit, then change to flight mode of the last vehicle I was controlling, as see if that helps.

Mods: None

Logfiles: Not sure where the save game files are located on my machine. Still looking for them to send the saved game file to you.

Edited by Anth12

1 hour ago, LeroyJenkins said:

Logfiles: Not sure where the save game files are located on my machine. Still looking for them to send the saved game file to you.

For the save file location enter the following into Windows Explorer:
%userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2\Saves\SinglePlayer

There are two locations for log files:

First:
%userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2\

Where you will find Player.log and Player-prev.log

Second:
In the Kerbal Space Program 2 Main install folder which you can get to by:

1. Right clicking on Kerbal Space Program 2 in Steam
  2. Click on properties
  3. Click on Local Files
  4. Click on Browse

This is where Ksp2.log is located.