Landing Space Shuttle Issue

Hi there.
Im trying to build just a space shuttle without deeploying it to the space for now and i can not land it. I mean each time i touch my wheels to the runway it just blowup completly it doesnt metter what speed i have if it is 20km/h or 50, 100 all the time shuttle blow up in 0.1ms i just touch the runway ?! Any go around for this issue ?

Zrzut-ekranu-2023-04-19-160059.png

Edited by Cezary59S

On 4/19/2023 at 3:58 PM, Cezary59S said:

Hi there.
Im trying to build just a space shuttle without deeploying it to the space for now and i can not land it. I mean each time i touch my wheels to the runway it just blowup completly it doesnt metter what speed i have if it is 20km/h or 50, 100 all the time shuttle blow up in 0.1ms i just touch the runway ?! Any go around for this issue ?

Well given the informations you provided I can only make some speculations:

• I can't see a front wheel on the screenshot you provided - if your ship actually doesn't have one, then that's the problem :cool:
  • Maybe your vertical speed is just much too high
  • Maybe it's just KSP 2 being the broken buggy early acces game that it is right now, but I'm really not sure about that because I haven't triedt to land anything on a runway in KSP 2 yet, my knowledge and experience is primarly from KSP 1.

Maybe it would help if you could find out if it's always the same part that explodes first and if yes, which one

On 4/19/2023 at 8:58 AM, Cezary59S said:

without deeploying it to the space

In other words, you have a full tank of gas? That is probably a massive weight. Try testing with less fuel in the tank or bigger landing gear.

That said, I've had some troubles of my own. My spaceplane disintegrates instantly at speeds of higher than 50 m/s. It's difficult to grasp what is going wrong because the plane vanishes and the mission failure screen pops immediately.

1 hour ago, Wetzelrad said:

mission failure screen pops immediately

Doesn't the KSP 2 mission failure screen spit out some informations?

1 hour ago, Wetzelrad said:

In other words, you have a full tank of gas? That is probably a massive weight. Try testing with less fuel in the tank or bigger landing gear.

Yes, try less fuel maybe, but that shouldn't be the problem since your plane being heavy shouldn't be the sole reason for it to explode on touchdown. If I have time I'll try to make a heavy plane in KSP 2 and do some testing of my own.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.