KSP 2 crashes randomly on Stock Ryzen 7 7800X3D w/ 32 GB DDR5 6000 MT/s CL30 and RTX 3090

System specifications: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / RTX 3090 / G. Skill Trident Z NEO DDR5 6000 CL30/ -------- I have tried both EXPO 1 and 2, memtest came back with 0 errors

How to reproduce: KSP 2 will crash at seemingly random occasions just playing the game (flying around, ex. landing on the mun etc.)

Player log and campaign: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NQHz37fPTb65BO4XpU1qs_FzqPMkH4EO/view?usp=share_link

Help would be appriciated!

Edit: Forgot to say that this happens extremely frequently to the point where the game is unplayable for me

Edited by FireDown35

• 8 months later...

Having similar problems with my liquid cooled RYZEN 5 3600 / RTX 3060 / 16GB CORSAIR RAM

The game crashes without specific reason in different moments, sometimes in KSC, in the VAB, sometimes flying, sometimes stopped at the runway or launchpad (I've monitored temperatures while playing, The CPU never got above a  60º C and the GPU never got above 80º C (if I turn VSync OFF the GPU tends to get hotter, going over 85-95º C). Sometimes I'll be playing for an hour before the freeze, other it happens mere minutes after I start the game...

The only thing is... My WHOLE COMPUTER freezes... to the point I have to manually hold the power button to force it off... then reboot it...

I TRIED to stream the game the other day... it instantly froze the whole pc and crashed the stream... I tried changing setting to make it lighter, but it froze a second time... I gave up...

I had been waiting since launch to play.... now that the For Science update brought the game up to a state I could enjoy (not a fan of sandbox) this happens... well... back to uninstalling KSP 2 till this is solved...

On 12/26/2023 at 9:41 PM, TeacherDoug said:

Having similar problems with my liquid cooled RYZEN 5 3600 / RTX 3060 / 16GB CORSAIR RAM

The game crashes without specific reason in different moments, sometimes in KSC, in the VAB, sometimes flying, sometimes stopped at the runway or launchpad (I've monitored temperatures while playing, The CPU never got above a  60º C and the GPU never got above 80º C (if I turn VSync OFF the GPU tends to get hotter, going over 85-95º C). Sometimes I'll be playing for an hour before the freeze, other it happens mere minutes after I start the game...

The only thing is... My WHOLE COMPUTER freezes... to the point I have to manually hold the power button to force it off... then reboot it...

I TRIED to stream the game the other day... it instantly froze the whole pc and crashed the stream... I tried changing setting to make it lighter, but it froze a second time... I gave up...

I had been waiting since launch to play.... now that the For Science update brought the game up to a state I could enjoy (not a fan of sandbox) this happens... well... back to uninstalling KSP 2 till this is solved...

To you i would suggest that your watercooler or the RTX  is running faulty, i just had the same issue with an i7 11700F with similar specs...

Edited by Mikki

• 2 weeks later...

I have similar issues and I've just created a bug report. - not visible yet so waiting for it to be approved. Once it is I'll share the link to it as it has all my hardware details in too.  

But in player.log file @FireDown35 shared it has the same errors I see in my player log. I have RTX 3090 too...

Googling these errors show some resuts with Unity issues with workarounds:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/d3d11-failed-to-create-2d-texture.392286/

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/multiple-errors-appear-in-the-console-window-when-reimporting-a-scenetemplate-asset-that-contains-a-texture-with-width-slash-height-not-divisible-by-4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.