Issues With Dres

Scarecrow71

I have two issues I uncovered today while going to Dres.

1. The textures for the planet and its rings didn't show up in flight view until I restarted the game multiple times.  I was flying directly at the planet (more on why in #2 below), and until I hit about 150km above the surface, the screen showed only the stars and the ship.  No planet, no rings...nothing.  I even confirmed that the rings weren't showing up upon relaunching to orbit; getting close to them several times only showed a black outline of where they were supposed to be.
  2. Why did I suicide burn at the planet itself and not circularize orbit beforehand?  Because the orbit trajectory did not change at all under the influence of Dres' gravity no matter how close it was to the planet.  Going around the planet at the equator, opposite to its spin?  Nope, nothing.  Trajectory did not change at all, and the path was not altered at all by the gravity of the planet.  This caused me to suicide burn the planet directly as I wouldn't have had enough fuel to circularize properly without the gravity assist.
Edited by Anth12

Same issue. It will randomly load the colors and little asteroids, otherwise it's completely blacked out. I have satellites orbiting inside and just above the rings themselves and switching between control of them will randomly load the textures, or not.