Top Gun Maverick Dark Star Experimental

Hi Guys, Built the Dark Star from Top Gun Maverick.

Took 2 days to get this to fly and keep it looking right lol

Thrust To Weight:2.334

Total Mass:28.99t

Parts:117

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG901zvMJ8E&t=61s

For Aircraft Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q63lGRBq8l-bpTeDst7qYKF5EzqCsBPZ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Madishmike

51 minutes ago, LUCINNDA said:

Using unlimited fuel, dont you?

Yeah, would have been nice not too but imo not possible to reach that speed otherwise. The air engines don't cut it with only 2. Darkstar has 4 engines total. Any ideas on how to accomplish this would be welcome as when they add heat to the game, I want to retry.

7 hours ago, Madishmike said:

Yeah, would have been nice not too but imo not possible to reach that speed otherwise

The fastest aircraft under 20,000m altitude that I have been able to build and fly reached a top speed of ~1730m/s. This was using limited fuel and RAPIER engines. 

The only way to reach your speeds is to practically go into low earth orbit, at which point, you might as well be using a rocket. However, you might be able to squeeze a few more m/s on this aircraft you've showed us if you reduce some of its mass. Without infinite fuel however, I don't see it reaching your current maximum speed    :( 

Edited by Dantheollie

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

This looks really nice, I was hoping to try it.

I think the link to the aircraft download is incorrect as it takes me to the youtube video.  could I ask you to check please?

Thanks!

Hi, not sure what happened there. Have updated link. Let me know if you run into a problem. Enjoy:)

1 hour ago, Astroneer08 said:

What engines are those?

Hi there, the small vectors x2. Still my favorite engine. Nice balance of trust to fuel consumption. Had to go with these as I find the air breathing engines perform poorly and wanted to keep the craft as close to the real thing( well in Maverick Top Gun anyway lol) 

Edited by Madishmike

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.