Bugged terrain on Laythe followed by game softlock after reloading quicksave

DibzNr

PC Specs
Ryzen 5 5500
40GB RAM
RTX 2060 (6GB)

Game Settings

Video
Game Screen Mode: Windowed (Using -popupwindow on steam to bypass borderless option not functioning correctly)
V-Sync: On
Resolution: 1920x1080

Rendering
Anti-aliasing: 4x
Anisotropic Filtering: On

Quality Presets
PC: Medium

Visual Options
Environment Prop: On

(All subsequent graphics settings set to medium)

Severity
Medium (Cannot land properly at all here)

Frequency
High (100% consistently affected all terrain I tried to land on here)

Description

For a specific area of land on Laythe the terrain seems to behave very oddly, landing gear for some reason just clips straight through the ground and Kerbals float on the ground while on EVA, I am uncertain of the full extent of this problem as the initial continent I landed on (Directly west of this one) did not have this issue whatsoever, however I flew around most of this continent and the terrain behaved the same at both the top and bottom of it, so I believe the problem applies to the entire thing, however of course trying to land at every point on the continent to test whether the terrain works correctly or not is incredibly impractical, so it's possible part of the content's terrain still works fine.

image.png
image.png
image.png?width=1193&height=671

I subsequently flew over to the islands to the east of this one and confirmed that the terrain works there (Ignore my plane exploding, that's just me being bad at the game, what's important is that my landing gear isn't clipping into the ground)
image.png

So to summarise where the terrain is and isn't working from my experience:
image.png

UPDATE (05/05/23)

I have found buggy terrain in the west island that I previously highlighted as being good, as such I believe this is not an isolated problem but rather affects a large amount of Laythe's terrain

image.png

Softlock issue
I've also noticed a persistent and very consistent issue where the game seems to consistently softlock upon trying to load a quicksave with F9 after making contact with this buggy terrain, followed by trying to load a manual save.

After landing on buggy terrain, pressing F9 to reload your F5 quicksave plays the Reload Quicksave sound effect, but otherwise does nothing, then loading a quicksave from the "Load Game" button in the pause menu causes the game to get stuck on this loading screen (The background music continues to play and time warp controls can still be used, but the loading bar never shows up and the game never transitions back to gameplay)
image.png

Edited by Anth12
Found moar buggy terrain