The space race american duo | An alternate history of the space race (and a bit of the world)

Sooo im not that good at writing entire timelines so this mostly gonna be space with some background lore.

This AH is about concept I always loved, between 1895 and 1896 Argentina had the biggest GDP per capita on the world with the inmigrant chosing between the american dream, and the argentinian dream, but with the start of the century 20, the great depression and bad political and economical measures made Argentina descend till the current days situation.

But, what would have happened if Argentina never gone into decay, with this idea in mind I've made an save to play with that lore in mind, after a time I added more lore just for fun and likely turned into an little alternate history.

Before starting ill explain the world lore and the main differences to the real life timeline:

- The apollo lunar program entered on a hiatus after apollo 17.

- The apollo CSM's never stopped lanching, but they took an different role as LEO vehicles, as well the Saturn hardware were upgraded with the newer shuttle tech.

- The american cryogenic engines replaced the soviet engines as the main used engines for launch vehicles.

- The block I space shuttle is an very more reliable and fastly reusable vehicle.

- ESA has launch vehicles derived from the USA shuttle tech, as well as manned spacecrafts

World lore:

- Argentina never entered in decadence, turned into the second great power, and its collaboratively running the space race with USA.

- The Soviet Union never stopped existing, but there are some differences, the baltic countries independiced, the Finland Karelia and Kola  regions were annexed to sweden, kaliningrade was give to poland instead of the USSR, and you should check st petesburg on the map below.

- The nationalis china won the civil war, keeping it as an west friendly country, with a lower interest in space, but having a role as an NASA collaborator.

- India is an local power, but they dont have any interest in space.

- Japan - and Korea are NASA collaborators.

- After the the Succesfull landing of apollo 11 and the Failures of the N1 rockets, the Soviet Union with their economy on the brink of a crisis decided to reduce their spending on space, still holding an important position on it, but not being the big as the power they used to be, the introduction of their low cost partly reusable vehicles Buran and Burya, and the partially reusable launcher Energia helped with the cost reduction to keep their presence in space.

This is the map mentioned before.

Go1D2za.png

Now with the world lore and differences explained its time for the history... on the next post cause i have to sleep.

I'll expand this TL as much as I can, I have some plans and an interesting lore to tell.

hope if anyone reads this find the idea interesting, and thanks for taking a little of your time to read this TL made by this argie dude

there's a little sneak peak

Spoiler

3Rhrwgp.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.