Falcon Heavy Style Rocket

Good Evening!  So I built a Falcon Heavy style rocket in KSP 2, and it performs amazingly.  However, I wanted to land the booster section once I separated.  When I switched to the booster, I have no SAS control even though I have a remote unit on the booster.  How do i make that section have SAS control?

This is actually a bug that has been reported where probes (which is effectively what you have) don't have control once separated from the main ship.  Which is a real bummer.  My best advice here, depending on how high up this is when separation happens, is to have parachutes on the boosters that fire at the time of separation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 12:22 AM, Scarecrow71 said:

This is actually a bug that has been reported where probes (which is effectively what you have) don't have control once separated from the main ship.  Which is a real bummer.  My best advice here, depending on how high up this is when separation happens, is to have parachutes on the boosters that fire at the time of separation.

Okay, I will definitely have to try that!

On 5/17/2023 at 7:54 AM, TheBlackJackal said:

Okay, I will definitely have to try that!

You might want to try the community fixes mod. It’s got a fix for comment not being connected to the probe on separation. I think that fixes the problem you’re having.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.