Near Future Propulsion and Near Future Launch Vehicles are not working for me! Please help I don't wanna use Nerv engines to go interstellar!

ChemPlay

I think this is meant to be posted in the “ksp1 mod discussions” but was posted here by mistake.

also , try reinstalling the mod? It works perfectly fine for me. Or maybe one of the dependencies are missing. I would suggest using ckan if you don’t already.

Edited by Little 908

@ChemPlay You were installing your mods wrong. I can clearly see additions to the names of the mod folders such as you would find on the zip file, typically the version number. That means that the contents (relative to GameData) are not where they should be so parts (and other things) will break.

Several mods will either have their mod folder at the very top level in their zip or under a GameData folder in the zip. The general idea is that: If there isn't a GameData folder, the first folder is the mod folder and this goes right into GameData, and shouldn't be a subfolder of something else (like the folder that is created when you right-click -> unzip and make folder; If there is a GameData folder then you have a reference for where everything goes if there are multiple mod folders and if there are things that shouldn't go into GameData by default, like sample ships and optional extra patches.

It's good to know this for the sake of understanding how mod installs work and not to be at the mercy of whether a mod manager exists and happens to provide for the mod you want. (There are a good few awesome mods that aren't on CKAN and you don't want to end up crying that you can't install them because of this and you decide to be computer illiterate.)

Edited by JadeOfMaar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.