Game setting to be playable

I just bought a copy of the early access of KSP2. I tried to play it on the default game setting but it is very laggy. I am wondering what game setting should I set my game in order to be playable. My pc set up is as follows: Ryzen 7 4800H 24GB RAM w/ GeForce GTX 1650Ti graphics

Edited by Alexeeve

Hi Alexeeve, on a 1650ti I would recommend low settings at 1080. Also check on background service running and apps. Probably find there are some services that you don't need running from the off. Check start up apps running. Also you might be able to tweak the Nvidia settings. Power settings to performance texture settings etc. Windows power settings to performance may help too. 

Edited by Madishmike

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have every graphics setting down low and my PC struggles with slow gameplay, which is sad because turned down, it should work.

This includes the enviromental settings all low, but the game is still drawing incredible resolution way off into the curved distance of the horizon. Surely if we can have a enviromental setting that gives us a low draw distance.... I don't give a crap about how good the view is, I just want to fly :(

i5-6500, 16GB RAM, AMD RX6500XT 4GB

Kind regards,

Nic Hudson

2 hours ago, NicHudson said:

Hi, I have every graphics setting down low and my PC struggles with slow gameplay, which is sad because turned down, it should work.

This includes the enviromental settings all low, but the game is still drawing incredible resolution way off into the curved distance of the horizon. Surely if we can have a enviromental setting that gives us a low draw distance.... I don't give a crap about how good the view is, I just want to fly :(

i5-6500, 16GB RAM, AMD RX6500XT 4GB

Kind regards,

Nic Hudson

Hi Nic, looking at your spec I would guess your CPU is holding it back as this is very CPU intensive. Your card should be ok for 1080 low to low/medium( low clouds always) settings from what I have read. 

You can check what the CPU is doing in task manager. Put the game in windowed so you can see or use something like Afterburner.

Would be interesting what the CPU is doing.

Things that might help is cut down on background services and apps running and unnecessary start up programs. I personally like to have no more than 70 services going at once. ( Again can check this in task manager) Run the game without steam(shortcut to the .exe) 

Setting windows to performance mode can give the CPU a slight boost. Basically the only thing you want your CPU doing is running the game.

Hope this helps

Edited by Madishmike

Hi Mike,

I ran the the AMD mectric overlay and logger and found the GPU Utility and GPU VRAM Utility are maxxed out, CPU only gets up to 50-60%, and all on 1280x720 res from rocket taking off. Again everything off that "may increase performance", and rest all on low detail, but distance still draws incredibly far and with detail that makes me think the display settings are lying. Less than 50 services, and its the DRM free version off their website, not steam or epic. So disappointing :(

Kind regards,

Nic

12 hours ago, NicHudson said:

Hi Mike,

I ran the the AMD mectric overlay and logger and found the GPU Utility and GPU VRAM Utility are maxxed out, CPU only gets up to 50-60%, and all on 1280x720 res from rocket taking off. Again everything off that "may increase performance", and rest all on low detail, but distance still draws incredibly far and with detail that makes me think the display settings are lying. Less than 50 services, and its the DRM free version off their website, not steam or epic. So disappointing :(

Kind regards,

Nic

Hi Nic, that is disappointing. I assume it's the 4gb of vram causing the problem although minimum spec on some sites is a gtx 970 which technically has 3.5 GB of good vram( the other .5 is a slower chip) and causes problems when hitting the full 4gb. On most sites it is a 1070 gtx 6gb as the minimum. Might be worth raising a support ticket with your findings. What is the FPS in vab, launchpad and take off out of interest on a low part craft? Are you getting a lot of stuttering or is it just really low FPS?  Something that may be worth trying is disabling full screen optimization. Right click the .exe and go to properties. Should be there under compatibility. It can sometimes help with stuttering. Also if not already, turn on windows gaming mode. I assume you're GPU driver is up to date too. 

Would seem like more graphic options needed in the game for  cards  with lower vram to perform better. 

Thanks mike

Edited by Madishmike

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.